Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Morning Drizzle On A Windy 38º Morning

8:01

It's 8:50 and I have been up since 7:45, having slept in some once again. Unfortunately, I will not be kayaking or going to yoga for a couple of weeks because of the minor surgery (five stitches) on my back at the dermatologist's yesterday morning. So I have been sitting here depressed, wondering what I am going to do with my morning until after Christmas. 

Tuesday began with a brief paddle because the lake was partially frozen.  This morning there would be no problem because of the temperature and the wind.  I left for the doctor's office at 9:00 and by 10:00, I was bandaged up and on my way to do some retail therapy, shopping at a couple of stores.  I ended up buying two long sleeve tees from Walmart for eight bucks apiece. It's hard to beat their prices and the tee is fine.

When I arrived home, Evie had been busy, finishing up making the stuffed shells for Christmas.  She made me a salami sandwich and I heated up a bowl of ramen which was better than usual.  I decided to finish up the Cormoran Strike series rather than Foyle's War.  The rest of the afternoon went quickly, with me reading and napping and feeling guilty for not wanting to go for a hike.  Evie, too, had enough and spent the afternoon like me, literally waiting for her Zoom call with her sisters.  

4:55 PM

After her Zoom call, she heated up the leftover shrimp and grits, made salad, heated some rolls and we had another great dinner.  We are still struggling to find something to view and watched two episodes of a Turkish melodrama called The Club.  We are not particularly taken with it and though it's supposedly set in Istanbul in the 1950s, it does not feel or look that way to us.  We ended the night with Colbert and Jeopardy and some NBA basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...