Thursday, December 16, 2021

56º On A December Morning

7:17

7:51

9:24

It's 9:30 as I start this blog.  It's overcast, with a slash of light above the treeline.  There were only two of us at breakfast, in fact, we were the only two in the Lake Life Cafe. And, masks were required until we sat down which I was happy to see in this crazy county of 'unmask for my child.'

Yesterday was a long day without kayaking or yoga, something I better get used to for the next couple of weeks.  The morning was especially long without a paddle but I made up for it with a walk around the neighborhood. I was semi-busy the rest of the morning, reading, getting a few things done while Evie worked on Christmas cards and also made another pot of her vegetable soup.

Lunch was the last of the leftover adobo chicken, a salad, and I finished the film I started watching on Saturday, set in Nazi-occupied Holland, called Black Book.  The afternoon was similar to the morning, with us hanging out inside, watching some TV, reading, or napping until 4:00 when I had to get out of the house and used the excuse of going to the Lighthouse Grocery to pick up some breakfast sausage for dinner. 

Webb's Trail

Still Fall Like

Before picking it up, I went for an hour's walk along Webb's Trail. I felt lousy when I started walking and I wanted to just head home but soon, I was into it and enjoying the walk despite the gray, overcast skies, occasionally hiking on to side trails which made it more interesting. I picked up the sausage and none of the six butchers were wearing masks although there's a mask mandate in New York State.  Obviously, it's not going to be enforced. 

Mud Creek 

Fall Sky

We both thought of having pancakes for dinner and that's why I bought the breakfast sausage.  So by 6:30, we were ready to pig out on stacks of pancakes, with Red's Best maple syrup and sausage.  We watched a new film called 'The Hand Of God,' about a young boy growing up in Naples in the 1950s. It's quirky, especially the bizarre cast of characters.  It has hints of the director's life growing up in Naples, and I  hoped it would be similar to my favorite film, Cinema Paradiso, but it was overdone, often boring, and too long.  We did stick with it, however, and the setting in Naples was worth the two hours. We ended the night as usual with Jeopardy and Colbert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...