Thursday, December 9, 2021

Gray Skies, White Yard, And Cold


7:17

It's after 7:00 and I have been up for an hour, as the sky has slowly lightened, as both mergansers and geese float by.  The sky seems almost a lavender color this morning, mixed with gray. We finally put out our bird feeders a couple of days ago and yesterday the birds finally found it. It's just 9:00 as we finish this and I have just returned from breakfast and am getting ready to drive to yoga.

Megansers Lookkng For Breakfast

Wednesday was a different sort of day after my great paddle on a cold morning.  Evie has been bothered by itchy, painful eye so around 9:30 she drove off to the eye doctor, able to get an "emergency" appointment. So I finished up the blog, had breakfast, and went for a hike through our woods once again, It's so nice to have the woods literally in our backyard and be able to hike or walk a trail in all four seasons, although the fall and winter are my favorites. I was out for close to an hour, in no hurry, just enjoying being outside in the cold morning.  

Morning Hike

Woodlawn And The Morning Sky

Barren Trees And Snow

When I returned home, I read for a while until Evie came home.  The eye doctor discovered she had a papercut like tear in her cornea, put a contact lens over it for a few days, and prescribed antibiotic drops which, unfortunately, Wegman's did not have. I was finishing my lunch of leftover scalloped potatoes and ham when she returned and volunteered to drive to Mayville to pick up her prescription at Rite Aid which did have her antibiotic. I had a few minutes wait for the prescription then stopped briefly at Tops to see if they had any Birds Eye chopped spinach, which Evie needs to make stuffed shells.  Unfortunately, like Wegman's, Tops was low on almost all frozen vegetables, so I went home empty-handed.  I suppose the scarcity is a result of the Thanksgiving rush.

I was home at 2:00, in time to settle on the couch with my Kindle and nap on and off.  Around 3:00 I made myself some Turkish tea and Evie had bought me some cookies to go along with the tea. Yum, I could have eaten the entire package.  

Dusk Begins Early At 5:00 PM

Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon until Evie started prepping dinner around 5:30. I enjoyed a bloody mary for happy hour, Evie a glass of wine and we had the leftover chicken, potatoes, salad and broccoli for dinner, We watched Colbert, Jeopardy, and another episode of the Cormoran Strike series before trying a couple other series, neither of which we like enough to stick with it,  One was about middle school girls, pen15, the other was about female skateboarders called Betty.  They weren't bad, just not our cup of tea to use a cliche. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...