Friday, December 10, 2021

Heavy Winds Are Coming As It Warms Up

Tufted Tit Mouse At Our Feeder

7:28

It's 8:50 and I have just returned from a calm forty-five-minute paddle, down to the Powerboat Club where I turned back because of the duck blind and hunters. It was colder than I thought, even though the temperature was in the high 30s, even colder than when I paddled when the temperature was in the 20's. We were both up before 8:00, expecting our floor installer to come but he cancelled for the third or fourth or fifth time after promising to be here. 

Kayak Morning

Sandy Bottom

Northern Sky

Duck Blind At Power Boat Club

Thursday was like Wednesday and Tuesday, like most weekdays, mostly the same.  I did go to breakfast at the Lake Life Cafe, then on to a good Yin Yoga class which I always enjoy even though end up practicing in the front having arrived just before class. I arrived home at 11:30 to organize chaos as Evie had decided to make shells, stuffed with either spinach or chicken.  It was an all-day affair because she made three trays loaded with shells, to take to our daughter Jill's for Christmas. I was the pan and bottle washer, occasionally stepping up, clearing the mess of the moment, going off to read, then returning for the next group of dirty dishes.  In between, she made me a salami sandwich for lunch, to go with her vegetable soup. 

My afternoons rarely change lots of reading, perhaps a nap, then enjoying some Turkish tea and shortbread cookies. Evie finished up making shells mid-afternoon,  and  I helped clean up before going off for a walk in the woods for 35 minutes.  It always feels good to get outside, especially when it's cold.  When I returned, Evie had prepped the pork chops and had them in the oven so we could enjoy a glass of wine at dusk.  

Winter Woods

Late Afternoon Sky

Woodlawn

Our chops were great, along with a salad and baked red potatoes.  We watched Colbert, Jeopardy, and another episode of Cormorac Strike before ending the night with another The Great British Baking Show, this time the Christmas show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...