Tuesday, December 7, 2021

25º And Six Inches Of Snow

7:46

8:31

It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, waiting for the darkness of a December morning to wane. I am not too excited about kayaking this morning, preferring to stay in and eventually get outside and shovel our parking area for the first time this year.  I also put our car in the garage so I am going to have to shovel in front of the garage and hope I can get my car out. It's now 8:30 and I cleared our parking area and pulled the car out so I am ready to drive to yoga. 

We spent much of Monday worrying about the high wind warnings, with gusts up to 65 mph. Fortunately, it never got as bad as predicted although the winds did shake the house on and off most of the day. I did kayak on a surprisingly light wind morning which was not expected.  After that and writing the blog, I drove into Lakewood to pick up a few necessities from Aldi's.  I didn't linger, picked out what I needed, and was home within forty-five minutes. When I returned, a carpet installer, compliments of Servpro was working on making sure our carpet was stretched properly and the transitions between the carpet and wood floors were smooth.  He was a good guy and good at what he does so we were happy with his work.  He worked quickly, had all the tools and boards so he was on his way home by noon. What a difference to have someone who is competent to do the work.

Lunch was heating up the leftover pork and sauerkraut so I was happy. Nothing like leftovers for lunch.  I finished another episode of Foyles War and moved on to the next season. The rest of the afternoon moved slowly because we had no plans, no walking or hiking because of the wind.  So I napped and read and Evie prepped our dinner, Peruvian chicken, and watched also read. 

Photos of evening snow: 



Around 5:00, we had a glass of wine and were surprised to see the wind accompanied by snow.  We love being cozy when the snow swirls outside our front windows.  Dinner was great as we love the Peruvian chicken with a hot cilantro sauce and Evie roasted some brussels sprouts, adding a little maple syrup and mustard at the end.  We watched another couple of episodes of J. K. Rowlings Cormoran Strike series called The Silkworm and the final episode of The Great British Baking Show. We ended the night watching the first half of the Bills/Patriots game and that was enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...