Sunday, December 5, 2021

Crows, Sea Gulls And Mallards

7:22

7:23

9:20

It's 9:25 and I just returned from an hour on the lake, paddling down to Booty Bay and back to the campground before heading home.  It was not a good morning for birding as I was serenaded to the screech of seagulls, the caw of crows in the trees, and the flutter of wings of mallards as they flew away as I approached.  No herons, eagles, or hawks.  Fortunately, I slept in until 7:10 so I didn't get out on the lake until after 8:00 with overcast skies.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Saturday was a day or more accurately a morning of work for me.  After a good paddle and the blog, I started working on raking the backyard, finishing up what I started on Friday.  I took time out to drive to the Transfer Station, getting rid of trash from three weeks ago.  I raked until noon, taking three more trash cans of leaves and twigs up the hill.  I have a little more to do this morning but it should not take me long.

For lunch, I had the leftover Asian dish of pork, eggplant, mushrooms over rice, a perfect lunch.  I watched a few minutes of football before getting bored and returned to my soap opera, Foyle's War. I was looking forward to getting back to my book so I hit the couch, started reading but fell asleep, once again, taking a good nap, I think both of us were sleep-deprived during our road trip and are just catching up on our sleep now.

We dithered as to what to do in the evening, wondering if we should go to Jametown's Xmas parade but because of Covid, the wind and cold weather, we decided to stay home, enjoy a Manhattan, and good cheese.  We felt guilty but it was a good choice because Evie found Rolling Stones top 500 songs of all time on AppleMusic so we spent our evening listening to the likes of the Stones, Beatles, Elvis, Del Shannon, The Del Vikings, Arrowsmith, Roberta Flack, Cash, and Nelson, and many more, a musical trip down memory lane.

Dinner was easy, a couple of hot dogs and Evie's vegetable soup, perfect because we had filled up on a baguette with brie and blue cheese. Yum.  We ended up watching The Great English Baking Show and were saddened to see Jurgen leave although we thought he was the best baker overall.  We ended the night with some HGTV.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...