Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Dull, Gray Lake Morning

7:21

Woodlawn This Morning

It's 9:20 and I just returned from a forty-five-minute paddle, down to Bootey Bay and back, on a gray but in some ways spectacular morning on the lake because of the reflection of homes and trees on the lake. Still few lake birds other than ducks and seagulls and I wonder where all the migratory birds have gone.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn




Tuesday was cool and overcast but it did not rain so after our morning ablutions, we drove over to Long Point late morning to go for a walk at Long Point State Park.  We walked through the park and out to the point then headed back, running into one person walking their dog.  It was good to be outside, always a pick me upper, and the temperature was perfect for walking, at least for us.

Long Point State Park

Trail To Long Point

Long Point

Black Locust Trail

We were home by 12:30 and Evie quickly got ready for another big shopping day at Wegman's and I made lunch, warming up the last of the vegetable soup and a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on toast. I watched my show, read my book, and took a brief nap, waiting for Evie to return. She was back by 2:30 and I helped her unload the car and put things away.  She was having a Zoom call at 5:00 with her sisters so she put together our dinner, a Petkovsek family recipe, Slovenian bean and potato soup.  

From 5:00 on, she talked with her sisters while I relaxed and read, hoping to finish my book.  After the call, Evie boiled the Slovenia sausages, drained them and added sauerkraut, warmed up the soup and we had one of my favorite dinners.  O, yea, I forgot, after her Zoom call and before dinner, she whipped together the makings for gingerbread and baked it while we ate.  After our dinner, we watched a couple of episodes of Jeopardy and a couple of episodes of Ted Lasso, while enjoying our gingerbread, topped with ice cream and caramel sauce, a good way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...