Sunday, December 12, 2021

A Sunny Sunday Morning

7:12

7:44

7:50

What a relief to have a sunrise, blue skies, and calm after yesterday's rain and heavy winds.  Fortunately, unlike the areas north of us on Lake Erie, we had no damage and did not lose our electricity. We did have close to 12 hours of wind and gusts from noon to midnight. It meant we stayed in most of the day, hoping for the best, ready for the worst.

Kayak Morning

Paddling North


Woodlawn

The Sky

I knew the storm and winds were coming but was surprised to be able to get in kayaking around 9:30 when it stopped raining and the wind had died down. Around 10:30, we gathered the trash and I went off to the Transfer Station then filled our car up with gas just to be prepared in case the winds were really bad and we lost electricity.  Because of the winds, we had more deadfall from our willow so I ended up raking for a half hour and taking the leaves and branches up the hill. Our garage is also now cleared out so I was able to park my car inside, something I rarely do unless it's windy.  While I was busy outside, Evie was inside making the last tray of stuffed shells for Christmas.  Finally, she can move on to making Christmas cookies and not worry about the shells.

For lunch, I had chicken soup, a bagel with Irish butter, and a couple of shells stuffed with chicken. I watched my show and then returned to the two books I have started and have gotten deep into Crossroads, set in the 1970s.  After a brief nap, I watched half of a movie set in Nazi-occupied Holland called Black Book, a hardcore film with violence, sex, and intense action. We both did little the rest of the afternoon, a bit uneasy because of the winds.  I read and made myself some Turkish tea, wishing I still had some shortbread cookies.  

For dinner, Evie marinated salmon and roasted it early afternoon so we could have a salmon salad, one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.  Along with a roll, we were happy except that we could not find anything we wanted to watch.  We tried three different films, none seemed to interest us so we went back to Colbert before going up to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...