Thursday, September 30, 2021

Way Too Early

7:22

7:46

Well, it's 6:56 and I have been up since 5:45, having been awakened at 5:00 by our smoke alarm, chanting carbon monoxide.  I managed to turn off the alarm, checked around the house to see if there was a problem, and then tried to go back to sleep with no success. I guess I will have to change the batteries and make sure that was the problem. 

Wednesday went quickly, perhaps because I was home alone much of the afternoon. The morning went as usual, with kayaking, the blog, and breakfast.  We got a late start and before I knew it, Evie was getting ready to head off to shop at various stores and get her hair trimmed in Lakewood. She suggested I wash the windows, to give me something to do, so when she left, that's what I did.  It takes me a half-hour, so it's no big deal to get it done.  They look better but there always seems to be some streaks, especially when the sun hits them in the morning. 

Lunch was the last of the lamb curry with rice, still tasty after two dinners. I watched my show, finished up my book, and briefly napped.  I read two Richard Stark (Donald Westlake) Parker novels in the past three days.  Parker is a thief, a ruthless career criminal, a pro, the best of them all.  There are 24 Parker novels so I have a long way to go if I want to finish the series. They are quick and easy reads and I just recently discovered the series, a recommendation by Amor Towels in the NY Times "From The Book," column. 

I read in the yard, warmed by the afternoon sun until Evie returned home with lots of goodies. She soon joined me and we stayed out until it became too cold.  Around 5:00, we both showered and got ready to go out to dinner with friends, Jim and Barb.  At 6:00, we drove to Jamestown for dinner at the Tokyo Bejing restaurant on Foote Avenue.  Although it's been a takeout since Covid, they agreed to set a table for the four of us.  We were the only ones in the restaurant which was strange but also comforting.  

Thai Night With Barb And Jim

We were quickly taken care of by the two owners in between numerous take-outs and they seemed happy to have us there. Our dinners were great, Thai dishes with soup and salad and we even were able to get a beer. It turned out to be a fun night, with the best Asian food around.  We drove home in the dark, of course, arriving around 8:30. We had time to watch our two shows, Colbert and Jeopardy,  before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...