Friday, October 1, 2021

Sun Rising On A Foggy Morning

7:12

7:37

What a chilly, almost cold morning here on the lake, in the low 40s.  I thought about getting out my stocking hat and gloves as I paddled out into a foggy lake. It's cleared up now, at 9:10 but earlier, both ends for the lake were fog-bound.  My paddle was spectacular, with the fog, clouds, and sun breaking through.

Kayak Morning



Northern Sky

Long Point

Yesterday was sunny and cool, perfect fall weather and though I did not get in any kayaking, I still enjoyed the day.  I went to breakfast with the guys, then to a Yin Yoga class which was not as crowded as usual. I then stopped at Home Depot to pick up a carbon monoxide alarm and Wegmans' for a few essentials that Evie wanted. 

Lunch was an omelet with tomatoes and feta cheese and I watched my show.  Evie took off for Mayville after making my lunch, to drop off some packages to be returned and also stopped at the Lighthouse to pick up tonight's dinner.  We spent the rest of the early afternoon inside reading because it was too chilly to sit out in the sun.  Around 4:00, I went for a half-hour hike in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, the trails overgrown from lack of use.  At one point, I even lost my way, unable to find the trail.  It felt good, however, to be back out there and it's literally in our backyard so I don't have to drive anywhere.

Woods Of Woodlawn

Victoria Creek Bed

We relaxed with a glass of wine until 6:30 when Evie put together our dinner of garlic spinach, scallops in a wine sauce, on top of linguini. Yum.  We watched Colbert, then a couple of episodes of Goliath which we are beginning to enjoy, and ended the night with Jeopardy. Matt, a polymath,  has won 32 games in a row, tying James for second place. 

Autumn Blooming Dahlia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...