Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Autumn Solstice In Gray

7:07

It's 8:48 and just starting to rain again. For once, the weather gods were correct and I was able to kayak for forty-five minutes in between showers. Evie just got up on a rainy morning, good for sleeping in.  We are going to have a couple of days of rain, overcast skies, and temperatures in the 60s. The cool weather is sneaking upon us.

Kayak Morning

Into The Gray

Woodlawn Dock

An Old Boy

In The Reeds

We were lucky with Tuesday because it started terribly, with winds and rain, bad enough so I didn't get in a paddle. But by the time I returned from yoga class and shopping, it had cleared up and Evie was out mowing the lawn.  Yoga class was fun because we had Courtney as a sub and like all teachers, she does things differently from Julie.  I like change, sometimes. I then went to Home Depot to pick up a few things, and Wegman's on a busy shopping day. Less than half of the people are wearing masks despite the high number of Covid cases in Chautauqua County and I was the only one in yoga class to wear a mask. It's disturbing how many just seem oblivious to the dangers.

Lunch was the same as Monday, more pizza, and Evie made me a great salad to go with my pizza, with lots of arugula. I, fortunately, napped just as Evie was finished with mowing and started a new book, The Mermaid's Sing by Val Mc Dermid. So far, I like it more than Rachel Cusk's Outline which I also started. We took it easy much of the afternoon although I worked in my garage for a half-hour, getting things ready for winter, like bringing down the snow shovels from the garage attic and putting away summer things. Sad making.

Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 while she roasted the cauliflower and heated up the leftover Santa Fe Chicken.  We had dinner at 6:30, with a salad, and the chicken was even better than the night before and I am becoming a big fan of roasted cauliflower.  Why didn't we roast it back in the 50s and 60s rather than just boil it?  We watched our two standbys, Colbert and Jeopardy then started a series on Netflix which my sister Ellen recommended called Clickbait which we are really into.  After two episodes we highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...