Friday, September 10, 2021

One Fine Morning

6:32

7:08

I just returned from a forty-five-minute paddle, as the sun peaked in and out of the cloud banks, cooling or warming depending on whether it was hiding or not. A few fishing boats were out along with me probably because it's a delightful morning to be on the lake, hardly a ripple, and in the '50s for now.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Long Point West

Thursday was back to routine, with a morning paddle, then the blog and by 9:30, I was off to a good Yin Yoga class.  I think I needed it as we really worked on our backs and hips. I was disappointed to see only a few wore masks as was tempted to ask those who have not been vaccinated should skip class, but I didn't. I then had a long list for Wegman's, a busy place even on Thursday and of course, few check-out lines were open and I happened to be behind an older woman (probably younger than me) who had a hard time putting in her password. I was patient, smiled, and said no big deal when she apologized. I am working at practicing my religion which is kindness! 

I did not get home until almost 1:00.  Evie meanwhile was busy in her kitchen, happy to be back after ten days of turmoil and she was making soup as it's getting that kind of weather,  For lunch, I had a bowl of clam chowder from a can, like the old days along with some crackers, salami, and cheese.  I watched another episode of Press on PBS and as I said yesterday, I am hooked.  

We both wasted the rest of the afternoon either outside on a lounge or inside on the couch, reading and napping.  Around 4:30, Evie came in with the news that heavy thunderstorms and winds were predicted.  So she powered up the mower and cut the lawn in the next half hour.  Of course, the rain did not arrive for another couple of hours and there were, thankfully, no heavy winds but at least the lawn was cut. We were able to even relax with a glass of wine before the rains came.

Wine Time

Dinner was easy, make a salad and heat up the leftovers from Wednesday's Italian dinners.  We watched a Colbert and were happy to see he's back from a break.  We then watched a documentary called Sunderland Till I Die, about a football-crazy town in Great Britain, like AppleTV+ Ted Lasso but true.  We watched the first quarter of the NFL game and had enough and were happy to get back to our books.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...