Monday, September 13, 2021

A Wasted Afternoon

A Young Wood Duck

6:50

It's 8:55, overcast and I just returned from an hour paddle as Evie came downstairs, after a bad night because of a storm, heavy winds, thunder, and lightning, bad enough that she came downstairs and hunkered down in the TV room.   I of course heard it but just went back to sleep.  It was a fairly violent storm, with lighting filling the sky and winds strong enough that it knocked over our benches and knocked some of our neighbor's chairs off their docks and into the lake.  One was floating three or four hundred yards from their dock and was picked up this morning by Jeff and Nancy who were out skiing.  

Kayak Morning

Southeastern Sky


Mallards

Osprey Feasting

Sunday, Sunday, didn't feel like a Sunday, nor did it feel like the weekend. In other words, it seemed like any other day.  We had our usual morning which I won't go into other than I took a couple of great photographs of a bald eagle.  Around 10:00, despite the overcast skies, I decided to get in some exercise and drove down to Mayville Park.  I parked my car and rode my bike on Webb's Trail, then the Mayville recreational trail and Sea Lion Drive. Only a few people were out walking so I had the trail and roads to myself.  I did not get home till around 1:00, in time for a big breakfast of eggs and a bagel.  

Fresh Gravel On Webb's Trail

Water And Mud Trail

And then my afternoon of being Joey Bimbo began.  For the next five hours, I sat on and off in front of the TV and watched my two favorite NFL teams, Buffalo and Cleveland,  lose.  Buffalo played poorly and deserved to lose but Cleveland played well.  They just lost, making my son Tommy happy because he was at the game in Kansas City along with 70,000 Chief fans.  I am not usually much of a football fan and usually watch a quarter or a half depending on the game.  But this year, both Buffalo and Cleveland were mentioned as possible Super Bowl contenders.  That got me more interested but now, it's back to normal, both losers (for now?),  I still have a modicum of hope that both teams will be good like most die-hard Cleveland fans.

The highlight of the day, however, was dinner.  Evie made up a recipe by pounding out chicken breasts into cutlets, breaded them, let them sit till dinner time, then fried them, dipped them in butter and Frank's hot sauce, and served them with homemade blue cheese. Wow.  Better than chicken wings and probably healthier and cheaper.  We then started a movie called Grandma which Rotten Tomatoes liked but we were disgusted by it and ended the night with Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...