Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Foggy, Birthday Morning

My Birthday Girl, Fifty Years Ago

Also The Birthday Boy, 50 Years Ago

8:05

It's 7:50 and I have been up for an hour and the fog is still so thick that I cannot see past the dock.  So far, no bass boats roaring because of the fog. It's now 9:15, still foggy so it looks like no kayaking this morning, alas. 

Saturday went quickly for some reason.  I was up early, out for an hour in my kayak before Evie got up.  We did not do much after all the gardening on Friday which was fine.  As usual, the one chore the trip to the Transfer Station and the gathering of trash was the only accomplishment for me in the morning.  I decided I needed some exercise so I drove to Mayville, rode Webb's Trail and Sea Lion Drive for 50 minutes, just enough to make me feel as if I accomplished something.

And that was about it for the day.  Evie did make me lunch, a great salad with avocados and tomatoes and I watched my show.  Evie spent the afternoon moving her lounge around, either on the dock or in the side yard, reading "Crossing to Safety" by Wallace Stegner,  one of my favorite books.  I, too, read and napped and joined her briefly before we both decided to go for a cruise despite the wind. Lots of boats were out because of the sun and blue skies and we took our time, paying no attention to the wind and waves.  

7:21

7:32

Around 6:00, we settled down on the front porch with a Manhattan, to enjoy the end of the afternoon, the beginning of the night.  It starts getting dark here around 7:00 to 7:15 so we finished up our drinks and appetizers around 7:30 and Evie heated up dinner, the leftover Peruvian chicken from Wednesday night.  We watched the usual, Colbert and Jeopardy and a Hometown before going up to read some before sleep. It was a day of little accomplishment other than enjoying it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...