Sunday, September 5, 2021

Gentle Rain

Great Blue On Long Point

7:38

I just returned from an hour on the lake, a gray morning, gray lake with a few fishing boats out but that's all on a Labor Day weekend.  I was up at 6:30 to gentle rain and we received close to a half inch overnight.  Rain is predicted for later this morning and then we will have mostly cloudy skies on a Sunday where it may reach 70º.

Kayak Morning

Morning Heron Among The Reeds

Great Blue Again

Saturday was a beautiful day, with lots of suns and blue skies, not too warm, a nice breeze, good for our neighbors who love to sail. After kayaking and the blog, we started putting things back in our kitchen despite the vapor barrier and dehumidifier which are still up and working until Tuesday. It felt good to be able to use our kitchen even though the floor is a wreck. At 11:00, I took the trash to the Transfer Station then drove over to Ziebart.  On Friday, I received a letter from my insurance company, notifying me that my insurance on my car has stopped because they have not received a photo of my car. What BS.  My agent never mentioned this to me and when I called, she said yes, I needed it but never apologized for not telling me.  So Ziebart is one of the centers where you can get your car photographed, inside and out through something called Cargo.  The guy was able to get all he needed on his phone and sent it off to my Cargo and my insurance company,  It took all of ten minutes but was an annoyance. I then stopped at Peterson's, picked up peaches, corn, and scallions, then tomatoes at another corn and vegetable stand.

Meanwhile, Evie had been working on straitening up whatever she could, making our kitchen and living room more liveable.  For lunch, I had Linda's leftover chicken tetrazzini, loved it, and finished Proof, my show. While I read and napped, Evie enjoyed the sun and perfect weather on the dock until 4:00.  We were having our Woodlawn picnic at 5:00 so she quickly made up a corn fritter batter, fried them up, and made a dipping sauce.  We went over to the gathering about 5:15, caught up with our neighbors, enjoying appetizers and libations, then had a quick meeting. As we left, our neighbors happily gobbled up the remaining fritters.

Dennis And The Band Rock Out

Woodlawn Groupies

We had tomato and mayo sandwiches when we returned home, sat around until 7:15 when the music started.  Our neighbor, Dennis, the new owner of Pine Hill, has a band and they volunteered to play for all of Woodlawn as well as the renters and Dennis' friends.  

Dennis Singing To Our Neighbor, Joyce

Probably 50 people sat out on the grass, as the band played on the porch of one of the cottages.  It was a nice idea and I think everyone enjoyed it,.  They played until 9:30 which was just right. I left early but Evie stayed and talked with our neighbors Barb and Elizabeth, rocking to the music.  Evie made friends with Dennis' Uncle Jack, who brought his cockatoo (Coco) along in a cage to enjoy the music.  Quite an eclectic bunch of fans to say the least.  It was a nice way to end the day.  

Uncle Jack and Coco


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...