Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Gray With Pink Highlights

6:42

6:53

6:59

A colorful morning sky, as gray and pink dominate at 6:50, reminding me of sunsets in Arizona. It's 64º, breezy with rain forecast for the next hour or so which means I might skip kayaking. I will probably get out there and then it will start raining. It's 7:20 as I finish writing this and was about to head out to kayak and noticed raindrops on the window. Should I or shouldn't I? I tried, was out for ten minutes but the wind was too much some I came in. 

Looking For Breakfast

See It !

Got It !

Monday was sunny and warmer than anticipated.  We thought the fall weather had arrived but in midafternoon the temperature was an uncomfortable 80º. I did get in a good paddle early, lots of bird photos for the blog. After breakfast, I decided to drive to Jamestown because I needed to get a blood test and there are only two clinics nearby, the closest in Jamestown.  Everyone was masked and I signed in but realized it was going to be at least an hour wait.  Fortunately, I planned for it and brought my bike around. So I left my phone number with the office and went for a 50-minute bike ride around parts of Jamestown unfamiliar to me.  It was a sad ride as I passed brick building after brick building, all abandoned, empty and falling apart.  Once they were part of a thriving Jamestown business community now gone.  I tried to follow the Chadakoin River which snakes its way through Jamestown but most of it is hidden by woods and buildings.  After my ride, I was called within ten minutes, and on my way home.

Chadakoin River In Jamestown

Evie had been busy while I was gone and the aroma of our dinner, Santa Fe Chicken filled the house as I entered.  She had leftover pizza heating up in a pan so my lunch was ready.  I watched my show, enjoying the pizza from Sunday night's dinner.  Neither of us had much energy the rest of the day so we did little.  Evie drove to Mayville around 4:00 to get some fruit and mail a return to Fed Ex dropoff at Dollar General but it was in the process of renovating and could not take the Fed Ex package.  By the way, I am returning my new camera to B & H Photo because it's too bulky and the telephoto lens is useless because the photos are blurry.  

Harvest Moon


Around 5:30, after putting the cover on the boat because of lake flies, we enjoyed a glass of rose as the lake settled down. Dinner was great, just what we wanted, something healthy and stew-like after a few days of fried foods. Santa Fe Chicken is a combination of hominy, sweet potatoes, green chiles and chicken thighs, nice and soupy and tasty. We watched a couple of episodes of The Flight Attendant but tired of it and tried Offspring again.  Neither grabs us, however, so we may look for something else to fill out the evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...