Monday, September 6, 2021

Early Clouds, Sunny And Blue Skies Now

7:17

It seems to be 9:00 lately when I start my blog no matter what time I get up. This morning I woke at 7:00 to light rain, threatening skies but by the time I got out on the lake, it started to clear up, and now it's another gorgeous morning on the lake.

Kayak Morning

Clearing Up

Yesterday was a strange Sunday because of the Labor Day weekend.  I did get in a paddle even though it had rained when I woke and I must have found that gap between showers because I didn't get wet. We had our usual leisurely morning but by 11:00, Evie wanted barbecued chicken for dinner so I said I would drive to Mayville, ride my bike and then stop at Tops for the chicken.  Well, as I got closer and closer to Mayville, the sky darkened and by the time I got to Tops, it was starting to pour so I gave up on riding and bought what we needed at Tops and came home in a downpour.  

Olive Stops By For A Visit

Of course, when I got home, it had stopped raining and the sky looked as though it might clear up. It was still not big breakfast time, so I went for a bike ride in our area, up the hill, to Carpenter Pringle, to Stow Road, and down to the Stow ferry and back, a little over a half-hour ride but enough for me because of the hills. We then had our big breakfast of a Turkish omelet, feta cheese, and tomatoes.  And that was about it for the rest of the day, as far as getting something done or doing something.

Stow Ferry

Evie started a new book, An American Marriage, so she was happy either on the dock or in the yard and I was happy on a couch, napping and joining her in the yard.  It was nice not having to do anything but watch the boat traffic, less than usual for a Labor Day.  

As The Day Wanes

Around 5:30, we enjoyed a libation and appetizer on the porch, as the lake settled down, the traffic ebbed and it began to cool.  I then barbecued some chicken thighs for dinner, and Evie microwaved some Bob Evans Six cheese macaroni and made a salad.  We started a new series on PBS called Press which was ok and we will have to decide tonight or tomorrow if we want to stick with it.  The bed sounded good so we went up earlier than usual to read and sleep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...