Saturday, September 11, 2021

TWENTY YEARS

6:37

6:37

7:07

 It's 8:40, the sun has just peaked about again, filling the lake with its reflection.  We are both sitting here commenting on how cool it is, that we had to close the window and I am wearing a fleece.  Kayaking was leisurely, as I was in no hurry to get anywhere, just taking my time, enjoying the moment on the lake.  It was exciting to photograph another osprey, just a white spot in a tree until I pulled out my binoculars and realized it was an osprey.  And I also shot a heron, hidden among the overgrowth, along the lake bank.

Kayak Morning

Crouching Great Blue Heron

Osprey

Fierce

Yesterday it did not rain, was sunny and breezy most of the day so we loved it, no heat, no humidity! I knew I wanted to get in a bike ride after padding and breakfast and Evie wanted to make an eggplant recipe that my brother-in-law Rich sent to heer.  She needed a couple of things from Wegman's so I planned my ride around it.  So I took the quick way to McCrea Point, taking the freeway and getting off at Main,  I parked my car and was surprised to see the Chautauqua Belle steamboat was parked there on the dock along the Chadakoin River. 

Chautauqua Belle

I biked, then, back towards Greenhurst on the asphalt path of Riverwalk, basically to the Subaru dealer and back.  I then rode into Jamestown, past the Comedy Center, and along the Riverwalk which follows the Chadakoin.  On my way back, I stopped at Labyrinth on 4th street and bought a Southwestern burrito to take home for lunch.  It was then a quick ten-minute ride to Mc Crea Point where I parked my car. I then quickly shopped Wegman's for a few items and was in and out in 10 minutes.

The End Of Riverwalk

Riverwalk Bridge

Chadakoin River

Duck Lady And Child

I didn't get home until 1:00 and had split the burrito with Evie and had a bowl of her garbanzo bean and orzo soup.  I watched my show, started a new book by Sally Rooney, "Beautiful World, Where Are You," and I am into it.  Finally, I found something I like.  I joined Evie in the yard for an hour until 4:00 when I showered and drove off to the Big Inlet Craft Brewery for beers with buddies.  It was a perfect afternoon for sitting outside in the yard, enjoying a craft beer with friends.  I was home by 6:30 and Evie already had her eggplant dishes and sauce made and in the oven.  Basically, it was thinly slice eggplant, dipped in flour and egg, fried, then stacked with pecorino cheese in between layers, fontina cheese on top, then a homemade tomato sauce to cover the top.  With a salad, it felt like we were eating in a great Italian restaurant. It's nice to have another eggplant recipe to add to Evie's cookbook.  We watched a Colbert and a couple of episodes of the futbol documentary, Sunderland or Die. It was a good day.

Evie's Garden In The Morning


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...