Friday, September 24, 2021

A Gloomy Morning

7:00

7:24

7:56

It's 9:00 and the sun is brightly shining, its reflection filling the lake.  What a difference from this morning when I woke up to gray and gloom and drizzle.  I waited long enough for it to start to clear up and then went for a paddle, windy when heading south so I cut my kayaking short.  Still, it was good to be out there, nice and cool, fleece weather, and I photographed a heron on the way back to our dock.

Kayak Morning

Starting To Clear

Northern Sky

Paddling Into The Sun

Pondering

Thursday was the first really fall-like day we have had.  It was cool enough that we kept the windows closed part of the day and late afternoon and evening, we both wore fleece. My day started as usual, with a paddle, then Yin Yoga, a class of at least 20 of us packed in like sardines and only three or four of us were wearing masks. I don't get it.  I stopped at Ryders Cup for a coffee and because it was empty, I sat down and talked with Dave, a regular who I have not talked with since Covid started over a year ago.  He's my age, grew up in Lakewood, and rents an apartment around the corner from the coffee shop. 

I didn't get home until 12:30 and Evie, bless her soul, made a pot of Indian cauliflower soup at my suggestion. It's one of our favorites. So I had soup and leftover zucchini/basil pasta and watched another episode of Prime Suspect. We both then did little the rest of the afternoon, reading, napping and watching some TV until I decided to go for a bike ride in Bemus, a bad idea.  It was starting to get windy and cloud up as I started and as I got halfway down Lakeside Drive, it started to rain, pelting me in the face because of the wind. I made it to Bemus, parked my bike, and went inside a store for a few minutes.  It looked like it was letting up so I rode back to the car in a drizzle and just as I got there, it stopped, so I rode around the back streets for 15 minutes to get in some exercise.

When I returned, Evie had made dinner, chicken enchiladas, and they were ready to pop in the oven.  Because it was so gray out, we decided to break our rule and had a Manhattan with chips and dip, again, breaking a rule.  They, rules, are made to be broken.  Around 6:30, Evie put the enchiladas in the oven, pulled them out in 15 minutes, set them on a bed of lettuce, covered them with salsa, cheese, and sour cream and we had a great dinner. Our TV routine has not changed much in the last few days, Jeopardy, Colbert, and Clickbait.  Tonight, we will finish Clickbait and will have to find something else to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...