Saturday, September 18, 2021

Bass Boats Rising

 

6:34

7:12

7:12

I was up just after 6:00, drinking my coffee when the bass boats started to roar out of the Long Point Marina, filling the air for a good ten minutes with their roar.  Quite a way for neighbors to wake up.  I kayaked for over an hour, my usual route, ran into both our neighbors, Kathy and David and,  of course, Tina and Jim, the weekend paddlers.


Kayak Morning


California Dreaming

Kayak Junction

Heron In Black And White

Friday was a gardening day for both Evie and me.  I first got in a paddle and it was great to be back on the lake after skipping kayaking on Thursday because of the heavy fog.  I have a new camera with a 60X telephoto and am having fun working with it although when I use the telephoto to the max, the photos are blurry.  Either I am doing something wrong or the camera is going back to B & H Photo.  I know that at that extension, I need lots of light and the ability to not move the camera.  Unfortunately, I am usually in a kayak, rocking a bit and it's been cloudy both mornings. It's a learning process and I have watched a couple of classes on Youtube which explains the camera in detail.

After the kayaking and blog, we worked in the garden until noon, mostly doing weeding and edging around the plants, the rocks, and ending up weed whacking some to make it look orderly.  It was warm so that we both worked up a sweat and I was tempted to swim but had lunch instead, a couple of cheese sandwiches, and an ear of corn.  I then read and napped and was serenaded by the sounds of both Evie and our next-door neighbor mowing the lawns.  Around 3:30, I drove to Hogan's and filled up two-five gallons cans and our car with gas.  When I got home, I gassed up the boat, using a siphon, so it's ready for another couple of cruises. 

We both showered and got gussied up because we were going out to dinner with our neighbors.  Pat and David picked us up at 5:30 and we drove to Cockcaigne for the fish fry, a 15-mile drive.  We met Joyce and Bill there, with their two kids, David and Kathy so there were eight of us. Our waiter was inexperienced but tried hard to please us so we had a good time.  Everyone ordered the fish fry and we started with the onion rings, more batter, and grease! It was a fun night, and we enjoyed our dinners.  We drove home in the dark, took a wrong turn like the last time we were there when I drove, adding only a few minutes onto our drive.  We had time to watch Jeopardy and Colbert before going up to read some and sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...