Sunday, September 12, 2021

Shades Of Gray

Eagle

7:07

It's after 9:00 and for once we are listening to the news, to Manchin explain why he won't vote for the new  3.5 trillion budget bill. Skeptic that I am, the only bill these guys will vote for would be to fund the military-industrial complex, like the Afghanistan war which costs 2.3 trillion, 5.8 trillion if you count Iraq, not the needy or poor here in the US.  Enough.  I did get in a great paddle, over to Tom's Point where I saw two eagles, perched in a tree, then on the way home, I saw the same osprey which I photographed yesterday morning.

Kayak Morning


Eagle

Osprey

In-Flight

A Pair Of Eagles At Tom's Point

Saturday was another fine fall day, with lots of sun and blue skies, windy, little if any humidity.  After my paddle and blog, we decided to walk the Long Point State Park for the first time since Spring.  It was a good choice.  First, however, we dropped off the trash at the Transfer Station. We parked at the end of Lakeside drive with a number of other cars.  Strangely, we had the woods to ourselves, never crossing another hiker.  The leaves have yet to change so it was like walking in a tunnel of green. We were out for an hour and felt righteous afterward for having gotten some exercise.





For lunch, Evie made me a salami sandwich and I microwaved her garbanzo bean and orzo soup.  I watched the last episode of the PBS series Press, a series I highly recommend about two competing newspapers in Great Britain.  We then relaxed for a bit, reading or napping or watching some TV until I suggested we go for a cruise.  So we were off to the Chautauqua Institution around 3:30 on a windy day.  It was fine going but returning was rough, fighting the wind and waves.  When we returned, Evie talked with our daughter Beth and I watched Ohio State lose to Oregon for a bit.  

By 6:00, we were ensconced on our front porch with Manhattans in our new vintage glasses, compliments of Linda and Ron.  It was pleasant on the porch, as the sky began to darken much earlier than a month ago. We are into healthy appetizers so Evie made a big bowl of popcorn. For dinner, we had the leftover eggplant stack, just as good as the night before if not better.  We watched Real Time With Bill Maher and a Colbert before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...