Thursday, September 23, 2021

Threatening Skies

 

6:55

8:25

It's 7:00 as I start this on a 59º morning, a darkened sky to the east and a slight breeze. Overnight, it rained quite a bit, over an inch and a half.  Kayaking this morning was different, as it started out windy and by the time I returned, the lake and wind had calmed down, making for an easy paddle home.  It looks like a decent day with some sun and blue skies before the rain moves in later tonight. 

Kayak Morning

Looking Northward

The Reeds Looking North

Looking Towards The Sun

A Great Blue Heron

Ready To Fish

Yesterday was a bore of a day since I had a doctor's appointment in Ohio, an hour and a half away.  Fortunately, I was able to get in a paddle before it began to rain so all was not lost. Neither of us did much in the morning mostly because I was leaving at 11:30. Evie of course was busy while I was in Ohio, with projects around the house. I had an appointment at 1:20 and did not see the doctor, as usual until 2:00.  It's never a good experience as he does not seem to know me very well. Everything is fine, no problems, the good news.  The bad news, I wasted most of the day.  On the way home, I was a bad boy, rewarding myself with a quarter-pounder meal around 2:45. It tasted great.

Dahlias Through The Screened Window

Evie was finished with her chores when I returned and was relaxing in the living room. I fell asleep while reading on the couch, obviously missing my nap, like a child.  For dinner, Evie experimented with a vegetarian meal, a zucchini/basil paste with pasta and cheese. It was tasty along with a salad and roll and we liked it enough to make it again.  We were anxious to continue watching Switchbait but put it off by watching a Colbert and Jeopardy.  Finally, around 8:30, we turned on Clickbait and watched two more episodes, both really interesting and different, as each episode focuses on a new character. It's nice to have a show to look forward to watching each night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...