Thursday, September 9, 2021

Clearing Up

6:37

It's 7:00 as I start this and have been up since 6:20.  A vast gray cloud bank filled the sky but it has slowly moved on and blue skies have appeared on a cool, 53º morning. It's 9:00 as I finish this, having paddled for an hour on another fine morning, the warm sun like a heating pad on my back as I kayaked home. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North


Pine Hill Dock Heron

Long Point Bay

Morning Clouds

Wednesday was one of those days where you thought it was sunny and warm but suddenly a thunderstorm would appear and it would rain for maybe 15 or 20 minutes then clear up again, like living in Florida.  It happened a couple of times but did not really bother us.  I got in my kayaking and breakfast and we worked on getting the kitchen back in shape, the major change was moving the refrigerator back into the kitchen and carefully hooking up the hose to the ice maker.  It's nice to have our house back in semi order and be able to move around the kitchen. I decided to get in a bike ride so I drove over to the Chautauqua Institution and rode for forty-five minutes, circling the area twice,  It was surprisingly busy with cars parked everywhere although I did not notice many people out walking. 

A Wet Thunder Bridge

When I returned home, Evie was ready to head to Jamestown for a semi-annual check-up and cleaning with our dentist. I made myself a salami sandwich with tomatoes and enjoyed another episode of PBS's Press which I am really liking.  It's a show I had never heard of and is not much advertised.  Evie did not get home until 3:30, having stopped at TJ's on her way home.  We both relaxed and read or sat on the front porch the rest of the afternoon, having lost any notion of work.  I thought about a cruise but then we received another brief shower. 

For dinner, we decided to go out and received a strong recommendation from David, a neighbor, for a restaurant in Jamestown called La Cucina Della Nonna. It's just across the bridge on 3rd street and we decided to go there if it was not crowded.  Fortunately, it was not very busy and we were able to find seats at the bar, the only ones sitting there. 

Big Enough Chicken Parmesan For Two

The menu is extensive, fitting all budgets and I ordered the chicken parm and Evie the Shrimp Monte Bianco pasta with portabello mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and white wine sauce.  Both were fabulous and portions large enough that we will have another dinner tonight. It's an easy 13-mile drive and we will be back.  We were home around 8:15 and started a new Netflix series called On The Verge, about four women and their struggles with jobs, kids, and marriage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...