Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Forty Minitues In The Rain

6:39

7:37

It's  8:47 and all my wet gear is hanging in the hot room.  I started paddling at 7:45 and as I first dipped my paddle into the lake, it started to rain.  I looked up at the sky and told myself this won't last long but it did.  Occasionally, the drops were hardly noticeable on the lake, at others the lake looked like it had been hit by pellets.  Fortunately, I kept my camera iPhone dry in a bag.  And as I look out at the lake, it has definitely stopped raining so I was partially right.  It would not last.

Kayaking Morning

Long Point Paddle

Tuesday was another good day, a few things for me to do but for Evie, it was another day of prepping for tonight's dinner party for eight. I tried to talk her out of it but she insisted.  So while I enjoyed myself kayaking, writing the blog, and yoga, Evie was happily busy in the kitchen, prepping both dinner and making our dessert.  I think on mornings like this when she is busy, she appreciates my exiting the house for a couple of hours.  When I returned home around 11:00, after picking up some wind and corn, it was stinking hot and humid, the temperature in the 80's. So I decided to pull a buoy out of the lake and put on my bathing suit, went for a swim, and pulled out the buoy.  The lake was fantastic, just cool enough to be refreshing and clear.  I loved it and sunbathed on the dock when I came out.  

Around 12:30, Evie took time out from prepping to make my lunch, avocado toast with eggs, a new favorite.  What a gal.  Most of her busyness was done, so she could relax most of the afternoon and I promised that for dinner, I would pick up the steak and fries special from Steeners for dinner.  At the moment I am reading two books, a Sally Rooney novel, and a Lawrence Block Matt Scudder detective novel.  I managed to take a short nap, then decided to drive to Lakewood to pick up my bike which I had dropped off on Monday for a tune-up. I do this every couple of years to make sure it's in good working condition and safe.  

Zoom Sisters

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and I left to pick up our steak dinners, two Delmonico's, and fries for twenty-five bucks.  Unfortunately, the steaks were overdone but the hand-cut fries more than made up for the steaks in Evie's mind.  During dinner, we watched the emotional 60 Minutes which chronicled the bravery of the New York firefighters on 9/11 and the 343 that lost their lives trying to save lives in the Twin Towers.  I could not help but compare their bravery and selflessness with the siege of the Capitol on 1/6 by Trump's criminal barbarians. The best and the worst of America.  We then watched Colbert and Jeopardy then started an Australian soap opera called Offspring for the second time.  We may stick with it this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...