Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Mostly Gray Skies

8:15

It's 8:36 and the sun has just come out, hidden most of the morning behind the gray.  Evie just got up and I have been out kayaking for close to an hour but saw little wildlife, just a fishing kayak hugging the shore line of Long Point.  

Kayak Morning


Yesterday was another one of those days where no rain is predicted and then mid-afternoon, out of nowhere, it pours and thunders, as we rush to close the windows.  Other than that, it was a pretty good day, with an early kayaking, then the usual morning of blog and breakfast. I wanted to do something so I decided to ride my bike in Lakewood.  I parked next to Johnson's Keystone Garage, then biked down to Celeron and back, stopping at Ryders Coffee and sitting on their front porch with the owner of the now closed Hollyloft Bike and Ski shop and a friend from yoga. I was tempted to stop at Taco Bell and get their new spicy chicken taco but knew Evie would have lunch ready for me when I returned home.

Trim With A View

I was right.  Two cheese sandwiches and a bowl of soup was waiting for me because Linda was coming over to have her hair trimmed.  So while Evie trimmed Linda's hair on the front porch, I had my lunch and started a new series on Acorn called Thorpe.  It was a C- but I stuck with it.  After Linda left, Evie put together a shopping list and drove off to Wegman's, just as the storm was moving in. Fortunately, she was in the store through much of the storm although that area got hit a lot worst than here in Woodlawn.  

Storming At 5:15

Clearing By 6:00

She was home by 5:30, just as it stopped raining. We put away the groceries and then it was time for dinner.  While Evie was gone, I roasted the cauliflower, so Evie made a salad, heated up the leftover Buffalo chicken, and we had another tasty dinner, with blue cheese for the chicken.  We watched a fairly new movie called News Of The World.  I read and liked the book much more than the movie which seemed slow and predictable  We also watched a Jeopardy and the final episode of Prime Suspect.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...