Sunday, September 26, 2021

What A Morning: Sunny, Blue Skies, Light Wind, 47º

A Rare Grebe

7:14

This is the kind of morning that we both love, lots of blue and sun and coolish. I did not get out onto the lake until just before 8:00 because I slept in some, till 7:00.  Because of the light wind, I decided to paddle over to Tom's Point, a good 25-minute paddle, then home.  I was out for an hour and a half and was able to get a few photos of a variety of wildlife but no eagles, alas.

Kayak Morning

Kayaking North Along Tom's Point

Grebe

Looking North

Yesterday was Saturday although we thought Friday was Saturday for a good part of the day.  Why, I don't know. After a paddle and breakfast, we gathered the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station and home in time to meet with our floor installer.  He brought a couple of samples of woods and we finally decided on hickory, thinking that a slight variation from our cherry cupboards would look nice.  Finally, we made a decision.  

Heron At Tom's Point

Cormorants

Heron Next To Wells Bay

Wood Ducks

Lunch was what's becoming a go-to lunch, avocado toast with egg.  As long as we have avocadoes, Evie can make that for lunch. The afternoon seemed to go quickly, the usual for me, watching my show, reading, and a nap. For Evie, she did some prepping for tonight's dinner, making a dessert and a marinade. For dinner, we decided on burgers so I decided to combine a trip to the Lighthouse Grocery for ground chuck with a bike ride.  As I drove off, I said to Evie, at least it won't rain on me like Thursday afternoon.  

Threatening Sky

Well. as I drove into Mayville, dark clouds were gathering.  The weather gods said no rain so I said the heck with the clouds and rode my bike on Webb's Trail, the Mayville concourse, and Sea Lion Drive, as the clouds gathered and the wind picked up.  

Webb's Trail

When I was within a quarter of a mile of my car, it started to rain but I made it to my car before it really started to come down.  I then drove to the Lighthouse, bought my ground chuck, and drove home in a rain.  

Late Afternoon Sky

It cleared up quickly so that we could have our wine time along with a blue sky. It was too cool to sit out on the porch, so we relaxed on our couches until we got hungry.  Evie then grilled a couple of burgers, heated up the Mac N Cheese and we had dinner.  At times, there's nothing like a good burger, with onions, pickles, tomatoes,  and some kind of sauce. We watched the usual, then the final episode of Clickbait with an improbable ending to be kind.  It's worth watching, however, and we were really into it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...