Saturday, February 1, 2020

More Gray, More Ice Fishing


Morning On Chautauqua Lake
7:37
 It's 8:30 and I have been up since 7:00, watching the lake fill up with ice fishermen.  It's a chilly 26º and we had a dusting of snow overnight. It should stay below freezing most of the day with an inch or two of snow.  I hope.

Friday was back to normal, up early, writing the blog but skipping breakfast before I left for yoga with Julie.  A small, but good class, I left ready for bear.  I stopped for coffee and shot the breeze with Dave and Panama Steve for a half hour.  I learned a lot about the area back in the day.  When I returned home, Evie made me an omelet with the leftover mushrooms and grilled onions, yum, and I also finished off the cheesy cauliflower.  Evie then left for Mayville, to do some shopping at Tops, leaving me 'home alone,' to continue with Tin Star and my book, Polar Star, set on a Russian fishing trawler.  So far so good. O, yea, I also took a good nap, one of those where you wake up and are not sure if it's morning or afternoon.

Around 3:30, tired of the drone of the impeachment hearings, I did the unexpected.  I picked up my basketball and went over to the gym and shot hoops for a half hour.  It was the first time in three or four years that I picked up the ball and it was quite funny.  My first shot fell short of the rim and after five minutes, my shooting arm started to ache.  I persevered, got better as I stuck it out and even made a three-pointer or two by the end of my half-hour workout although most shots hit the front of the rim.  The unintended consequences are various sore muscles this morning.

It Takes A Village
Daughter And Her Dad Head Out Late Afternoon
When I returned home, the impeachment hearings were on pause, so Evie and I enjoyed a glass of wine, watching the lake, the fishing guys slowly disappear until it was time for dinner.  Evie made a salad, sauteed some shrimp, and covered it with a sweet chili sauce.  We also finished most of the cold peanut butter noodles from Thursday night's dinner.  We watched the first episode of Cheer and we were not taken with it even though it has gotten lots of hype on Netflix.  We then watched out two go too's, Colbert and Home Town, which took us to bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...