Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Let There Be Some Light

7:26
8:01
8:53
It's 7:15 and I have been up since 6:45, a few dashes of light in an otherwise gray sky.  A few intrepid ice fishermen are out once again, after yesterday's hiatus in the morning.  They were back out in the afternoon.  It's 26º as our yard, the green grass is beginning to reappear as another melt has been taking place. 

Waiting For Summer
Yesterday was another lazy day for both of us, with no walks, hikes of skiing, alas.  We both need to find our mojo.  The day started with fog, rain, an enveloping grayness that must have infected the house.  We did manage to get the blog up before I drove off to yoga.  After class, I wasn't sure if I should stop for coffee, feeling guilty because I had been there the day before but I stopped and got another free coffee as someone had paid it forward. Nice.  I then decided to drive to Brigiotti's, a local grocery, to get their great French feta cheese, some vegetables, and an Italian sub sandwich for lunch.

When I returned, we were both hungry so I heated up the lentil soup and we split the sub sandwich, as we watched, yep, another episode of Breaking Bad.  It was a bad one as Walt, obviously losing it, spent much of the episode trying to kill a fly before they continued their baking of meth.  Bizarre.

I started a new book by a writer I had never heard of but was recommended, Long Bright River, by Liz Moore.  It's another police procedural set in Philadelphia. Mickey Fitzpatrick, a female beat cop, searches for her sister, Kacey, who has been missing for months.  So far so good.

Around 4:00, instead of going for a walk or hike, we settled down in the TV room and watched another episode of Breaking Bad.  It's becoming a part of our day, a temptation we cannot ignore.
After the episode, we had our wine, commented on the fact that a few guys were back out on the ice despite the melt.

We had the leftovers from Sunday nights dinner, the lamb chops, ratatouille, salad and mashed potatoes for me. For some reason, it tasted better than it did on Sunday.  We decided to show some discipline and watched a Colbert and Maine Cabin Masters before a couple of more episodes of Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...