Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Winter's Spring

7:23
I am up early, 6;15 to a dark house and a crazy 43º morning.  I may put away my skis and get out my kayak paddle because the lake, too, is starting to melt. Despite the melting ice, a number of ice fishermen are already out on the lake, off of Long Point

Yesterday we decided to liven up our day, really our afternoon. The morning went as usual, getting up early, finishing the blog and then yoga class, just six of us.  I decided I had enough coffee over the weekend so I skipped Ryders and came straight home.  Evie had my lunch ready, the leftover pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes.  I popped them in the microwave and I had a good lunch as I watched my show Tin Star.

Monday Afternoon
I then read some, took a nap and then we both got ready for a shopping afternoon in Erie in because Evie had a doctor's appointment.  It was sunny with blue skies afternoon, perfect for a jaunt.  It's about a forty-five-minute drive and after the appointment,  I dropped Evie off at T.J., went to Dick's Sporting Goods  We both did a good deal of looking, no buying.  We were done by 4:45 so our last stop was Krispy Kreme, to pick up four donuts for dessert last night.

We planned on dining out and decided on Pine Junction, an easy stop on our way home.  It's dropped in the middle of nowhere yet we have been going there for ten years, just after it opened, at the recommendation of a bartender in Fredonia.  He told us two things we had to do just as we retired, visit Letchworth Falls and go to Pine Junction.  He was right on.  We sat at the bar on a slow night, watching the chef man the grill.  Evie got the broasted chicken, always good and I got a burger with sweet potato fries  Both were good, especially with a nice draft beer.

We were home by 8:00 and watched Bill Maher's Real Time, which we had saved from Friday night. It was a good show and it started with a fun interview with Mayor Pete, a match for Maher with his quick wit.  We then watched some of the Iowa caucuses but they were as confusing as the results which have yet to be announced because of issues with the app which gathered all of the results.  It's not a very encouraging beginning to the Presidential election which depends on voting machines.  Maybe it was Russian interference!  We had enough by 10:15 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...