Thursday, February 6, 2020

An Inch Or Two Of Snow


Thursday Morning At 9:20
This Morning At 7:15
7:39
I woke up to a white morning, the lawn, green yesterday, now a brilliant white, the sky gray.  And a couple guys are already out fishing.  It 29º and a winter advisory is in effect for freezing rain,

Yesterday was a good day, back to normal.  Up early, watching the sky lighten, write the blog and drive off to a good yoga class at 9:30.  Our teacher, Jen, was a bit sore from two hours of surfing at Presque Isle, then four hours of snowboarding.  Quite a gal.  When I walked out of class, I was welcomed by sunshine and blue skies.    

Thursday Afternoon Blues
I stopped at Sav A Lot because we were running out of coffee and picked up a tin of Maxwell House Coffee, 'good to the last drop.'  Evie had been busy, making up a healthy dip with various healthy ingredients.  I was hungry so she put together BLTs for lunch, always tasty and I watched my series.  It's almost over thank goodness.  I don't like anyone in the show but for some reason I keep watching Tin Star.  Maybe it's the setting,  set in the tiny town of Waterton, on the outskirts of Glacier National Park.  I then read some on the couch another John Sandford Virgil Flowers thriller and fell asleep,  I woke in time, however, to have my faith briefly restored in our politicians when I listened to Mitch Romney's heartfelt speech explaining why he was voting for the impeachment.  It was moving, the reasons given valid, and he knew he was setting himself up for the opprobrium of most Trumpers but he had to follow his conscience. Then, the spin began with CNN's disgusting Rick Santorum, suggesting that Romney was 'grandstanding, drawing attention to himself.'  What a jerk.  That was it for the afternoon until I drove to Mayville for a quick, annual physical with my PA.  We talked, had blood drawn and I was home by 4:30.

We picked up Barb and Jim and drove into Jamestown because we were going to the movie, HARRIET, at the Reg Lenna at 7:00.  We had reservations at our favorite restaurant Forte's window at 5:30 and it was already crowded.  It's a great place to sit, with a view of 3rd Street.  

Window Seat At Forte
Because Wednesdays are noodle night, I ordered the peanut-flavored noodles, with chicken and veggies, Evie he steak special, Barb the curry pot pie and Jim a sandwich.  All was good and two of us came up with doggie bags. The movie was packed, much to my surprise.  Because it was a Wednesday and the movie had garnered no nominations, I thought the turn out would be sparse.  I was obviously wrong as we had to wait in line for five minutes to get our tickets and the seats were almost gone when we went into the theater. The movie was a B-, interesting for its portrait of amazing women but we were not pulled into her plight, especially her dependence on God's words for the way North.  We left feeling good, a dinner and a movie, midweek and no work to get up for this morning.  We were home around 9:45 in time to watch some TV as the pundits discussed Romney's speech and Trump's acquittal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...