Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Early Morning Sunrise


7:16
7:26
When you have a cloudy morning, it's easy to forget that the sun rises a bit earlier each morning.  And it makes me forget the early darkness of December and January.  So it was pleasant to see the sun rising around 7:25, off towards Tom's Point, it's rays reflecting on the lake.  It's another chilly morning 26º and we can expect some snow this evening and overnight, as temperatures drop. Strangely, not one ice fishermen is on the lake this morning.

7:30
8:07
Not much changed yesterday from Monday.  Just the weather, gray and wet.  I felt rushed for some reason in the morning, writing my blog, having breakfast and been on my way to yoga by 9:00.  I made it to class, however, in time, another good class with Julie.  I was tempted to get a coffee but showed some discipline, thinking I should stop a couple of times a week, not every day.  So I was home earlier than usual, around 11:15 and I had a good hour before thinking about lunch.  I used it to read my new book, Allan Furst's Occupation Zone. 

Lunch was great, some leftover meatballs and pasta sauce, on spaghetti noodles.  Easy and tasty.  Evie had to get a blood test in Mayville so she was off just as I was settling down for lunch to watch another episode of Breaking Bad.  Walt is becoming more and more compelling as a character as well as despicable.  After lunch, I was happy to get back to my book, napped and spent a good part of the rest of the afternoon reading.  In fact, I should probably finish it today.  I was not tempted to hike or ski, either because of the gray weather, wet snow or I was just too lazy.

Our good friends, Linda and Ron, picked us up at 6:15 and we drove over to our go-to place on Tuesday nights, Steener's Irish Pub.  For some reason, it was packed and we got the last table, the bar packed.  Locals must have discovered the deal, two Delmonico steaks, and fries for twenty bucks. We had beers, steaks, and great fries and could ask for nothing more.  We caught up on their two-night visit to Buffalo, the Falls, the town of Lewiston, on the Niagara River.  Despite the crowd, we were served quickly and were on our way home by 8:30 in an almost empty restaurant.  We watched the election results briefly but were happy to get back to reality, two more episodes of Breaking Bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...