Wednesday, February 5, 2020

A Windy And Surpringly Cold Morning

From Garden of Bright Images, Artist Jozef Wilkon

7:19
8:13
It's just after 8:00 as I start this and I have been up since 6:30.  A couple of fishermen were already out at 6:30 but now I count at least eleven out there.  It's 22º and a winter storm warning is in effect, quite a drop from Monday's high 40's.

Early Bird
Home Bound At 8:15
Yesterday was a bit out of the ordinary, unfortunately, as I was at my doctor's office at 8:00 for an endoscopy at 9:30 for gerd.  He dilated my esophagus and saw no other problems so I was out of there by 10:30, with a sore throat and shopping at Wegman's.  We were home by noon and I was hungry since I had nothing to eat since the previous evening at 10:00. Evie heated up some cauliflower soup and made me some toast with feta and jam.   I then took a nap since I had a bad night and woke around 2:30. 

Both of us took it easy the rest of the afternoon, either reading or watching the ridiculous countdown to the Iowa primaries where only 62% of the vote was in.  It gives you a lot of confidence in the electoral system.  Way to go, Democrats, although to be fair, a similar thing happened to Republicans back in 2012.  That was, however, eight years ago and you would think Democrats would be savvy enough to get things right. 

We had an early dinner because I was hungry, scrambled eggs and buttered noodles for me, a salad for Evie and watched a Colbert and Home Town as we waited with bated breath for the SOTU address, a combination of reality show and pep rally.  I could only stand it for so long, as I counted the lies and partial truths and went up to bed when Rush Limbaugh received the Medal of Freedom for spewing hate and vitriol for thirty plus years on his radio program.  Pelosi's tearing up Trump's address was a perfect ending to the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...