Friday, February 14, 2020


7:04

8:31
Well, it felt like winter when I went outside to get the paper and brush the snow off our car at 7:00. No paper yet although it could have disappeared under the snow from our plow guy.  It looks like we will have a couple of days of frigid weather and then it will begin to warm up again next week.  I was surprised to see guys out fishing early despite the cold.

Yesterday was a hurried morning because we were driving to Erie at 11:15 because Evie had a doctor's appointment at 12:30.   I started the morning with breakfast in Bemus, just the three of us.  It was a cold morning, quite a bit of snow so the Bemus Point Inn was not very crowded, just us and the A team in the other dining room. I was home by 9:00, finished up the blog, then went to yoga with Laurie, substituting for Danielle.  It was fun because she played some modern tunes, not the usual repetitive Indian stuff.  One of the songs was a favorite from Cat Stevens, from the film Harold and Maude called 'If You Want To Sing Out Sing Out.' I left class early and was home by11:15 so we would make it in time for Evie's appointment.  Early, the weather looked like it might be bad but it was fine and we were actually early.  While Evie had her tests, I went to the Mall, five minutes away and had a sandwich at a famous Pittsburgh restaurant called Privanti Brothers. 

A Big One
They are famous for their huge sandwiches, topped with fries.  I was not sure what to order so I got the pastrami sandwich, with sauerkraut, cheese, tomatoes and a mountain of fries.  It's all stuffed between two slices of bread, about four or five inches high, hard to eat.  It was decent, not great, the fries hardly warm, and I should have asked for it to be toasted.  So now I have had a Privanti Brother sandwich.

I picked Evie up at 1:15 and we decided to skip Wegmans in Erie, always fun and just head home to the lake, in a light, wet snow.  We were very happy to get home, to our comfortable clothes and couches.  I read some, then took a great nap because I was up way too early.  Evie could enjoy her leisure as well because we were having leftovers for dinner.  Around 5:30, we had our usual, some wine and spicy cashews from Trader Joe's.  Dinner was the leftover chicken piccata and rice, with a salad, and roasted cauliflower and Brussel sprouts.  Dinner was perfect because I was still full from my sandwich.  We started with the news, a Home Town but couldn't wait to get back to Breaking Bad and watched two more episodes of Season Two, almost ready for Season Three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...