Thursday, February 20, 2020

Chilly And Partly Cloudy


9:10
It's 7:20 and I am listening to how last night's debate was basically a slugfest, candidates hitting each other but ignoring the true bad guy.  Ridiculous.  It's now 9:10 and I have just returned from breakfast, as usual, a breakfast sandwich and coffee. 

Winter Colors And Clouds
The days are beginning to get monotonous for me.  I need to gather or find some mojo to change them up.  I was up early, wrote the blog, had breakfast and went off to yoga, so nothing changed.  And of course, I stopped for a coffee, talked with Dave and went home.  That was it.  Lunch was soup and a sandwich, the leftover sub, the last of the ratatouille and an episode of Breaking Bad.  I then read, napped and then wished I could have gone outside to either hike or ski but it was so icy in both our yard and lake that I was afraid of falling. So I stayed in perhaps wisely, but around 5:00, I saw our neighbor out skiing on the lake. I should have gone out.

Late Afternoon
We were looking forward to going out to the Viking Club for dinner because we have not been there in weeks.  We crossed the bridge as the sun was setting, a splendid sunset. The Viking was not very busy so we found seats at the bar easily.  We started talking with the bartender, then John, the dock builder until our friends, Doug and Dawn, walked in.  Fortunately, there was room at the bar so we sat and talked with them until 9:00, closing up the bar.  I had the cajun spiced wings, Evie a  burger, and we both were happy, with our food, beers, and getting to talk with old friends. 

At The Viking Club With Doug And Dawn
We were home in time to watch most of the debate but I could only take it for so long, as the candidates seemed to crucify each other.  It was politics, I guess, but I did not much like it.  They ignored the issues, concentrating on personal attacks.  I find it hard to believe that the debates changed anyone's mind.  Bloomberg was the main target and he looked as if he had never been challenged before.  He was not a happy warrior up there, taking the slings and arrows, mumbling poorly thought out responses.  I was happy to get back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...