Friday, February 21, 2020

17º And Partly Cloudy

7:40
8:27
It's 8:00 and I have been up since 6:30, listening to MSNBC and now a Bill Simmons podcast looking back at the Oscars from the last five years, much better than the depressing world of politics. Simmons and two buddies discuss many films from the past which I have never seen.

Yesterday was cold and still icy on the roads, walks, and trails so I didn't even think about going out for a hike or walk.  My morning started with breakfast in Lakewood at Schylers because our usual spot in Bemus Point has closed for three weeks.  I was home by 9:00, in time to finish the blog, then drive off to a Yin Yoga class back in Lakewood, still surprised by how cold it was.  I skipped coffee and instead, got my car washed and dropped off a couple of returns for Amazon.

When I got home, Evie had been busy, organizing the refrigerator, getting rid of bottles of stuff that had been there for a couple of years.  For lunch, I had some leftover pizza and lentil soup and we watched, what else, Breaking Bad, Season Four, episode three.  Much of it is unremarkable, even boring before an amazingly violent sequence that wakes you up and keeps you wondering what Walt or Jessie will do next.  I then napped and finished my book, Long Bright River by Liz Moore which I ended up enjoying, a police procedural set in the Philadelphia suburb of Kensington.

Around 4:00,  I had enough sitting around so I texted my buddy Ron, to let him know I was going to shoot some hoops at Turner and he met me there, two old guys reliving their youth, except we can't jump or move much anymore.  Still, it felt good to be out on there on the court, moving and grooving at least in our heads.  A few other guys our age showed up and wondered if we were there to play but we had to say no since we are in no shape to play, a good decision although we were both tempted.

Before I left to shoot hoops, we discussed what to have for dinner.  Since I had bought another cabbage on Wednesday, Evie decided to put together a cabbage lasagna with mushrooms.  So when I returned home, the lasagna was in the oven, baking and it was time to enjoy a glass of wine and hope we liked out dinner.  Dinner was decent, not great and we still have quite a bit of the cabbage lasagna left.  Evie had also heated up some slices of chicken breast and made a salad to finish off our meal.  We watched Colbert although we are getting bored with him for some reason.  Then, we watched a Hometown and two Breaking Bads before going upstairs to read.  I started a new book NORMAL PEOPLE, by Sally Rooney, a book I started a few months ago but put aside and forgot to pick it back up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...