Monday, April 1, 2019

Light Snowfall, Blue Skies, Dark Clouds


7:22

7:22

7:23
Well, Evie beat me up this morning as I didn't come downstairs until 7:15.  She was up at 6:30 but had a good night.  I was surprised by the sunshine, brief as it has been and the blue skies.  It was chilly outside when I picked up the paper, a 22º but it made me want to go for a hike in the woods.

April Fool's
Sunday was another sick day for the both of us although as the day progressed we both started to feel better and this morning, we both are not quite perky but we both feel like doing something today, a good sign.  In fact, Evie has already done a load of wash as I sit here writing the blog.  Yesterday, after the blog, we started putting together a shopping list so I was off to Wegman's by 10:30, iPhone and Wegman's app in hand.  I stopped for coffee, then was surprised that Wegman's was busy, perhaps the after church crowd.  I picked up the basics, a couple of slices of pizza for dinner because Evie didn't want to fuss with dinner.  I was home by noon and because Evie was starting to feel better, she made us a big breakfast, eggs, bacon and bagel and we watched CBS Sunday Morning for the first time in a month and it's just as good as ever.

Hooded Mergansers
The rest of the afternoon we watched TV, read and took it easy.  We watched most of the first March Madness game, as Auburn to my delight, upset Kentucky.  It's hard to root for one and done teams.  And that's why we rooted for Michigan State to defeat Duke.  Like the Virginia game the day before, it was back and forth for forty minutes but Michigan came out on top by one point.  Thus three of the top four seeds are gone and teams like Auburn and Texas Tech have never or rarely been part of the Final Four.  It was an exciting weekend for basketball fans as all four games were nailbiters.

Dinner was salad and pizza slices for me, chicken soup for Evie and we watched SNL when the games were over, then four or five episodes of CATASTROPHE.  We almost gave up on it but stuck with it, although we still have mixed emotions about it.  It has its moments, just not enough.  Evie went up to bed early and I soon joined her, happy to get back to my book about the Narcos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...