Thursday, April 18, 2019

Clear Skies, Sun's Reflections On Water

6:42

6:55

6:55
I was up at 6:30, made the coffee, walked out the back door and grabbed the paper just as the sun was beginning to tip over the shoreline at 6:40.  lt's a windy morning, with a ruffled lake, the wind chimes singing, the loons shrieking off in the distance and, dam it, a leaf blower ruining the quiet of the morning as I write at 7:15. 

7:06
I hate to say it but I can hardly remember yesterday, probably because it's a carbon copy of the day before but I will try.  I know I had a great kayak, over to Long Point and back to Sandy Bottom and home.  And I photographed a young eagle.  Afterward, Evie went through the plethora of morning photographs, picked out the best and I put them on the blog once it was written.  I then drove to Lakewood, to Jen's class and we did more complicated backbends and I just hope my old back can take it.  I stopped for coffee, talked with the new barista, Jessica, about trying to make a living as a part-time adjunct chemistry prof at JCC and barista without health care or a good job.  It's a story too many can tell, especially around this area.  I then went to Aldi's, mostly to pick up the rack of lambs that were on sale but I can also always find something else to buy.  I was home by 12:15 and Evie was making me a sauteed mushroom hoagie to go along with the cheddar broccoli soup she made the day before.  We laughed about the sandwich because some pseudo-doctor on one of the major talk shows suggested that eating a couple of cups of mushrooms a week guaranteed you would never get dementia.  Let's hope so.

Evie left at 1:00 for an eye appointment and to do some shopping.  I ate my lunch, watched BAD BLOOD, read my new book, STONER, about an English prof at a college from the 1920s to the 1950s.  It's quite good.  After my nap, Evie returned, put away the groceries and I decided to get some things done outside, so I pulled the purple martin house out of the garage attic, and got it ready to put in the lake.  I also tidied up the lawn, raking up the abominable zebra mussel shells that I cleaned off our dock horses, two buckets full.  I like to do a chore when I want and not overdo it, taking a bite of the elephant one day at a time. 

We left for the Viking Club at 6:15 and we were meeting Linda and Ron there.  It was surprisingly busy because they were having drawings for the spaces on the dock for boats.  I would guess the members moor probably 50 to 75 boats at the docks.  Also, it was Rueben Sandwich night so that always draws a crowd.  Evie and I each had a Rueben, a beer or two, both enjoyable and we had fun talking with Linda and Ron about the latest news.  Neither of us can wait for the Mueller report.  Big deal.  We were home by 8:30, in time to watch the final episode, only three of them, of MANHUNT.  We ended the night with Colbert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...