Sunday, April 21, 2019

Color Easter Gray


7:54
9:40
It's 7:30 as I start my blog, having been up since 6:30.  It's overcast but not raining, a chilly 44º and may get up to 50º as days are cooling off for a bit.  No boats or waterfowl that I notice, just a gray, ruffled lake, with what look like rain clouds hanging over the Bemus shore.

Kayak Morning
It's 9:20 and I have been out kayaking for close to an hour, down to the Power Boat Club and back.  I scared off a raft of at least 20 mergansers, a few grebes, wood ducks, a kingfisher, and a pair of Canadian geese, sitting on the end of Joe and Betsy's dock.

A Honky Pair
Hooded Mergansers
Yesterday was not our typical Saturday, as we did not do much because of the weather early, laziness late.  My day began in a drizzle and a long kayak paddle, with amazing photos of wood ducks.  I was excited.  When I returned home, I wrote the blog, Evie picked out the photos and improved them and we then published the blog.  That done, it was time to get organized in the kitchen and Evie went through the refrigerator to see if anything needed to be thrown out.  I then drove to the Transfer Station to get rid of the trash and my work was done for the day, literally.

A Colorful Male Wood Duck
By the time I returned home, it was almost lunchtime.  Evie was getting ready to drive to the Y and do some shopping so I popped the leftover linguini and asparagus into the microwave and had a tasty dinner in three minutes.  I finished up my series, BAD BLOOD, surprised how quickly it ended.  I then read some of my new book, THE DIVIDED SPY, the third in the Thomas Kell thrillers from Charles Cummins.  I took my nap as the day began to clear.  After my nap, I decided to walk out on the dock and get in some zen fishing but ended up lying down and getting some sun for a half hour.  I walked back to the house just as Evie was returning, having stopped at Wegman's to pick up some prescriptions and a few items.

We then relaxed by watching some movies or reading until it was time for dinner.  Evie had earlier gotten half of a pizza out of the freezer, so all she needed to do was saute some mushrooms, heat up the pizza and make a salad.  The pizza tasted like it had just come from Coppola's, especially with the sauteed mushrooms to top it off.  We watched a Colbert, some of the news then finished the night with two more episodes of RAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...