Monday, April 29, 2019

A Chilly Morning On The Lake

6:22

6:25

6:26
It's 6:50 as the morning sun has just hidden behind some clouds.  I came downstairs at 6:20 to a living room filled with light, a placid lake, and the quiet of a Monday morning.  It's 31º but did not feel that cold when I walked out to get the paper.  It's 8:45 as I finish this blog.  I paddled for forty-five minutes on a chilly morning, over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and home.  No herons or wood ducks, just a pair of buffleheads.  It was a good morning.

Kayak Morning

A Pair Of Buffleheads

Male Bufflehead
Yesterday was another day like Saturday in that we hung out most of the day, as we had no plans other than enjoying the day at home.  I did get out for a paddle despite the inclement weather and the wind.  In fact, I paddled home through some sleet.  After the blog, we listened to the news, spent time on our devices as the morning seemed to pass too quickly.  It was overcast outside, with some drizzle so we were not tempted to go for a walk.  I finally decided to watch some basketball on the TV until lunch time.

Because Evie wanted to go to the Y, we skipped our big breakfast and instead, I had a bowl of lentil soup and toast with peanut butter and finished watching the Denver/San Antonio game.  And since Evie was at the gym, I watched the Celtics game which started at 1:00, so I spent too much time in front of the TV.  By the time Evie returned, I was sick of the TV so I did some reading, finishing SAVAGE NEWS and starting the new Bernie Gunther novel set in Berlin in 1928.  Around 4:00, like the day before, the sun came out and I decided I had enough of being a sloth, so I went for a forty-five-minute walk through the woods, across the Field of Kinney, to the campground and home.  As always, it felt good to be outside.  When I got home, I was reading on Facebook about the fact that now was tick season.  As a lark, I checked my legs and found one embedded in my leg. I could actually see its legs moving.  Evie got out the tweezers and she pulled it out although she had trouble getting all of it out.  We cleaned the area with hydrogen peroxide and I wrote my doctor to see if there is anything I should do next.  Next time, I will make sure to stay on the trails.

After wine time, Evie sauteed some spinach, added it to our chicken tikka marsala and we had another good dinner, the tikka masala always topped with dollops of yogurt. We watched a fun Real Time with Bill Maher and loved his verbal takedown of Robert Muller and his refusal to make a choice. It was funny and convincing.  We ended the night with another couple of episodes of RAKE but are getting a bit tired of it.  Second seasons don't usually match up to the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...