Friday, April 5, 2019

Back To Dreary



Our New Welcome Mat Bought In Dallas

Our First Camping Trip In Our New VW Van, Turkey's Taurus Mountains, 1970
It's 7:25 and I have been up for an hour, listening to Morning Joe, watching the dark sky turn gray, the lake choppy and gray.  It's 34ยบ out and it looks like rain this morning but should end by noon, with partly cloudy skies to follow.

7:06
Yesterday began with an aborted breakfast gathering at the Bemus Point Inn which, for the second time in a month, had to close because of problems with their water.  We ended up at Schuyler's in Lakewood, another busy breakfast place with a much more interesting menu than Bemus Point.
We talked quite a bit about the Elite Eight, even some of our favorites poems, to prove we are not just philistines.  Because we didn't get out of Schuyler's until 9:20,  I didn't drive home but stayed in Lakewood, went to the library until it was time for yoga class at 10:00.  It's the last class for a month with one of my favorite teachers, Danielle, because she will be traveling to India for a month-long yoga retreat.  We will miss her.

I didn't stop for coffee but headed to Wegman's, mostly to pick up popsicles for Evie which feel good on her throat, sore from her cough.  I also have been wanting something sweet in the evening so I found a New York cheesecake in the frozen foods, a bargain at 7.99, so I bought it.  When I got home, Evie had a couple of cheese sandwiches for me ready to grill and we both split a tomato, basil and orzo soup also from Wegman's.  I watched Ozark even though I am not crazy about it then took a nap, falling asleep while reading more of my narcos novel, THE WALL.

The afternoon seemed long until I decided to go for a walk in our woods rather than kayak, as the lake was choppy, not inviting.  It was a perfect temperature for a walk in our woods and when I returned, I ended up cleaning up our yard of twigs and deadfall once again, a result of the heavy winds this past weekend.  It felt good to be outside doing something and I ended up taking a couple of barrels up the hill once again.
A Cathedral Of Trees
For dinner, Evie had pulled a quart of chili out of the freezer for my dinner and she made herself an omelet with mushrooms and cheese.  She is starting to get her appetite back and devoured the omelet.  I covered my chili with cheese and chips so I was happy.  We watched a Colbert, enjoyed a slice of cheesecake, then a film recommended by my nephew, Pat, called COLD WAR.  It's on Amazon Prime, set mostly in the ruins of post-war Communist Poland in the 1950s.  We really liked it, an impossibly passionate love story, with a wonderful musical score, in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...