Saturday, April 27, 2019

Windy And Wild (Perhaps Some Snow)

7:06
I woke at 6:00 to the wind shaking the house so I got up because I was worried about my kayaks, sitting out on the edge of the lake but they are fine.  It's 35ยบ with 20-30 mph gusts of wind, shaking the trees as well as the house, creating rolling waves on the lake.

Well, yesterday we finally got the predicted rain, an inch and a half over the past 24 hours.  I smartly skipped kayaking but went to a good yoga class, as usual.  After class, I relaxed with a coffee talking with Off The Beaten Path's bookstore owner, Bob, and Dave, the local fixture.  It's my way of catching up on the gossip and news for the village of Lakewood.  When I returned home, a pot of lentil soup was warming on the stove for my lunch but Evie was gone, shopping and getting her hair trimmed by Jaret in Lakewood.  I knew she would be gone for a couple of hours so I cleaned up the kitchen, then had the soup and a half of chicken sandwich while watching Bosch.  And I watched a good part of the Clippers/Golden State game which the Clippers surprisingly won in San Francisco.  I also took a nap, read, and wished I could get outside and do something but the weather was crappy, cold and rainy.

Evie was home around 3:30 and was whooped, having stopped at Wegman's, Walmart and TJ.  We quickly put away the groceries then relaxed until it was wine time.  We were going to have salmon for dinner but I knew Evie did not feel much like fussing so I suggested we just have breakfast, eggs, bacon, potatoes and a bagel which sounded really good to me by the way. So that's what we had and it tasted really good. I could easily have it a couple of times a week, even for dinner.  We then ended up watching a depressing Russian made movie called THE THIEF.  I thought it might be good because it won numerous awards but it was a long slog through the snowy steppes of the Russian homeland. It was good to get back to another crazy RAKE which makes us laugh at its outrageousness.  I am enjoying my book about the media and politics, Jessica Yellen's SAVAGE NEWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...