Thursday, April 4, 2019

A Pink And Azure Sky


6:52

7:04
It's 6:50 and I have been up for a half hour, the sky pink at the horizon, waiting for for the sun to rise, the sky clear, a light blue above.  It's a chilly 28ยบ, the ducks are floating by, and the lake is finally open, clear of ice.

Yesterday was almost normal for me, still sick bay for Evie alas.  We were both up early, before 7:00, having our coffee and working on the blog.  It was done by 8:00 and I had a good hour before driving to yoga so I grabbed my paddle and was on the lake in five minutes, paddling into the blinding sun because I could not find my sunglasses. 

Kayak Morning
I was able to paddle down to Sandy Bottom because most of the ice floes had melted and was surprised to see stubs of reeds poking above the water.  It was good to be out, however, as I turned around and started home, the wind picked up and I had a battle to get home, with gusts that nearly knocked the paddle out of my hand.  When I walked in, Evie told me there was a wind advisory...no kidding. 

Open Water, Blue Skies
I left for yoga at 9:40 and joined the class with the usual gang of Wednesday night ladies who were happy to see me back in class.  Our teacher, Jen, always ready for a challenge, told me that later in the day, she was going surfing off of Presque Isle.  What a woman.  I took it easy in class because I had been sick with a cold but was able to enjoy the class.  Afterward, I stopped for coffee but there was a line of gals ordering complicated coffees so I forgot about it and drove to Wegman's, to do some shopping for the next few days.  Wednesday is always a good day because 5% Tuesday is when most of us golden agers shop.

A Pesky Squirrel At Our Window
When I returned home, Evie had pulled a couple of quarts of her vegetable soup out of the freezer and they were on the stove, ready to serve.  I got my leftover sub out of the refrigerator, ladled soup into a couple of bowls and I settled down in the TV room to watch more of Ozark.  After lunch, we both just wanted to curl up on a couch and take it easy.  Evie was still suffering from coughing fits and I was tired from my busy morning of paddling, yoga and shopping.  So I took my nap, read some then made tea before driving back to the drugstore in Mayville to pick up an albuterol inhaler for Evie that the doctor previously prescribed, hoping that will help her stop coughing. 

I had the leftover pork chops and baked potatoes and applesauce for dinner. Easy, just heat them up in the oven.  We watched Colbert, then finished the fourth season of CATASTROPHE which we liked mostly for its sense of humor, about married life, raising children, work and sex, lots of it but always funny.  Both actors, one American, one British, also wrote all four seasons. 

2 comments:

  1. We really liked Catastrophe. Thought the last scene was perfect. Very relatable. Happy Spring. Have you watched the movie Cold War on Amazon yet? A+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched it last night, loved it Pat, especially the fact that it was in black and white. Thanks for the recommendation,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...