Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Calm Lake On A Sunny Morning

7:02

7:08

Kayak Morning
Looking North From Sandy Bottom
I slept in until 7:00, missing the sunrise as I came downstairs to a living room filled with orange light.  I quickly grabbed my camera to get a photograph, went outside and scared a duck who was sitting on our lawn.

Threatening Skies

Paddling North
Yesterday was the closest we have been to our routine in weeks.  I was up early and though I did not kayak because the lake was choppy, I did get the blog done before leaving for yoga at 9:30.  I decided to forget about a coffee after an interesting class of China Gel, rose water and a brief foot massage.  When I came home, Evie had my lunch ready soup and a couple of frozen dogs, ready to be fried.  She was dressed in workout clothes because she was going to the Y, then to TJ to return some things. 

A Lonely Loon
So it was a strange afternoon to be 'home alone'.  I grilled the dogs, heated the soup, got out the Stadium Mustard and watched a bit more of Ozark.  I can't seem to watch more than 30 minutes of this show before I get bored yet I continue watching it.  I was happy to get back to my book, by Charles Cummins, A COLDER WAR, a book I fear read before although most of it seems new.  I will figure it out by the time I finish. 

Evie was home by 3:00, and walked on a treadmill at a practically empty YMCA which seems to be in financial trouble, a result of all the workout places that have popped up over the last few years. It's sad to see.  I went outside and did some more yard work at 4:00, put away the snow shovels in the garage attic and took down some of the gardening tools and watering cans.  I also did some more raking of leaves and twigs filling up two barrels again although Evie had filled half of them Sunday afternoon.  It felt good to be outside even though it was overcast.

We decided to have our first Manhattan in a month and got out a cheese we bought from Trader Joe's a couple of weeks ago, a brie with blue cheese.  Both the Manhattan and cheese were extraordinary; absence makes the palate grow fonder.  For dinner, Evie put together a salmon salad with tomatoes and avocados and heated up a couple of Portuguese rolls so we were happy, waiting for the final game to begin at 9:30.  I hate to admit this but we both went up to bed at halftime, tired from the day and I wanted to get back to my book.  I will watch the second half today even though I know Virginia won in overtime.  Not quite as much fun as watching it live but I still enjoy it. 

It's 7:45, Evie's still in bed and I am going to kayak on a windless and sunny morning.   It's now 8:50 and I just returned from a paddle.  It started out with a calm lake and sunny skies but by the time I was out twenty minutes, it had clouded up, with threatening dark skies in the north.  I even felt a few drops of rain on my paddle back home although the sky above me still was blue.  And, of course, the wind picked up but not enough to make it difficult to paddle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...