Thursday, April 11, 2019

Early Orange/Yellow , Then Gray



6:23
6:34
6:35
I was up at 6:15, in time to watch the eastern sky turn increasingly red/yellow but then by 6:50, it turned gray, as the clouds took over.  It's a chilly 33ยบ as the temperatures continue to drop and rain is in the forecast.  It's been sleeting and drizzling on and off since 7:30, but still not the kind of rain we need because it has been dry around here the last few weeks.

6:41
6:53
Yesterday was a Chautauqua gray day, windy and gray so I never did get out on the lake to paddle.  I did get to yoga however, a good class with only three of us.  Because of the small class, we used all kinds of props, lots of blankets, a sandbag, a chair, and, a bolster, and, of course,  a couple of yoga mats.  Don't ask how we used them.  I did end class, however, with my favorite 'legs up the wall.' And since it was Wednesday, the day we get the Aldi ad, I stopped for a coffee then hit Aldi to get some bargains, like a pair of gardening shoes for Evie for 13 bucks, saving me a 100 bucks for Muck boots on Amazon.  I also picked up an Easter ham, so get ready Linda and Ron for our annual ham dinner.

When I returned home, the kitchen was a mess as Evie had been busy making soup and prepping the eggplant for a couple of baked zitis to take to Chicago in early May when her sisters gather and moussaka for tonight's dinner when we have neighbors over.  I quickly got busy in the kitchen, the pots and pans guy just like in college and didn't eat lunch until I was done.  I had the leftover roast beef sub for lunch with Evie's soup and she took off to workout at the YMCA, this time without shopping anywhere after her workout.  I am deep into my spy novel even though I am certain I read it a few years ago.  It's still a page-turner and most of it is set in Istanbul.

Because of the weather, neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon, no yard work, no walk in the woods, just a quick nap, some reading and then getting ready to go to the Viking Club for our dinner.  We have not been there in months so it was good to get back, to sit at the bar and talk with some of the friends we have met over the years.  It was a Cuban sandwich night, so it was really busy for this time of the year.  I could not pass up the healthy option, medium wings, to go with my beer and Evie ordered the Cuban, big enough so we can have the other half for lunch today.  We left about 8:00 and had enough time to watch two more episodes of HANNA on Amazon Prime before going up to bed to read some, then sleep,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...