Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Back To Normal...Overcast and Chilly


7:04
I woke at 7:00 and would have missed sunrise if there had been one.  The clouds, however, dominate the sky this morning, a gray canopy above a slate gray lake.  It' 36º and will have a high in the low 40's later in the day, quite a difference from the past few days in the '60s.

Yesterday was another fine spring day, lots of sun, blue skies, puffy clouds, even a strong wind, enough to create white caps on the lake.  I decided to skip yoga on nice days like yesterday, get some things done in the house and get in a good hike.  After coffee, breakfast and the blog, Evie and I worked some on putting the attic back in order, something that we will tackle, like eating an elephant, one part at a time.  Everything was pulled out at Christmas time when our kids came and we have yet to put it back in at least a usable way. 

Long Point State Park
I decided I had not really hiked Long Point State Park in weeks, maybe months.  Evie decided she wanted to walk at the Y so I drove to Bemus Point and along Lakeside Drive and parked just outside the park. I admit it was not the most enjoyable of walks because all I wanted to do was get it over with.

Hiking To The Tip Of Long Point
None of this enjoy the going, 'to travel is better than to arrive.'  All I wanted to do is get it over with, maybe even make it shorter but I persevered, wanting to get in at least two and a half miles, so I stuck it out all the way to the tip of Long Point and back, over an hour and 2.6 miles.  I have been used to much shorter walks in our woods so I want to get back into shape so I can happily go four or five miles.

Breakers Along Long Point
On the way home I stopped at Hogan's Hut and picked up a roast beef sub for lunch.  When I returned home, Evie was gone to the Y and to do some shopping.  So I had the house to myself for a couple of hours.  I had lunch, the sub, watched some Ozark, read, napped, and basically waited for her to get home.

When it hit 3:00 I knew she was doing more than just shopping at Wegmans and working out at the Y.  And I was correct as she came home with a couple of bags filled with dahlias from Walmart where you can get quite a few interesting ones fairly cheap.  She also had been to Wegman's so once all that was put away, we both took it easy until 5:00 when we both took showers because we were going out for dinner for the first time since we returned from our Western trip.

Sun And Clouds At 6:15 PM
Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:15 and we drove to Greenhurst, to Steener's Irtish Pub for their steak special, always a favorite.  We had a beer at the bar, munched on some popcorn before finding a booth and ordering our dinners.  All four of us had the special, either a filet or delmonico with fries.  And as usual, all were happy with their dinners except me.  My steak was a poor cut, too much fat, and gristle.  At least everyone else was happy and I loved my fries.  We had not seen Linda and Ron since early March so we had lots to talk about.  We left around 8:15, driving home under an amazing sky.

Driving Home
We watched a truncated Colbert, shortened because of the basketball game, then Home Town, our favorite home fix it upper show before going up to bed.  It was a busy but good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...