Sunday, April 7, 2019

A Spring Gorgeous Weekend


Mallards Among The Reeds 

7:46

7:57

7:58
We have been blessed with at least 24 hours of spring the way we like it, moderate temperatures, a placid lake, no wind, sunshine, blue skies, puffy white clouds.  That was yesterday from late morning on and this morning as well although it's starting to get hazy as I write this blog at 8:00. 

7:02

7:08
Yesterday morning was overcast so we were in no hurry to finish up our coffee or blog, taking our time, wondering what the day would bring.  By 9:30, however, I was bored with no yoga class to attend, so I decided to paddle for a half hour, down to my usual endpoint, Sandy Bottom and back.  Usually, as I kayak down there, the wind picks up and I fight my way back.  This time, however, the sun came out, warmed my back all the way home, the beginning to a spectacular spring day.  When I returned, we gathered the trash, cleaned out the refrigerator and I drove to the Transfer Station, my one weekly must do. 

Spring Afternoon
Around 12:30, Evie put a leftover pork chop in the oven and fried up some potatoes for my lunch.  The pork chop was surprisingly tender and tasty as were the fried potatoes, better than the series I am watching.  I know I complain about Ozark but I keep watching, hating the idea of quitting on something in the middle, the same with a lousy book I may be reading.  We are taught if we start something, we should finish it and never quite grow out of that idea. After lunch, we enjoyed the sunny afternoon from the inside, not venturing out. 

Kayak Afternoon

Long Point
Finally, after my nap,  I could not stand sitting inside and went for an amazing paddle, across the lake to Long Point for the first time 2019, on a lake's surface like a mirror.  Hikers and bikers were relaxing at the tip of Long Point, sunning themselves, as I paddled by.  I was out for close to 40 minutes, loathe to return home because it was so pleasant just sitting in my kayak in the middle of the lake.

First Loon
We were going to have salmon for dinner but decided last minute that it sounded good to order a pizza and go for a short walk around Bemus Point, waiting for it.  It was Evie's first time out in over a week, so we did not walk for long.  We brought the pizza home, then had a glass of wine, watching the wildlife paddle by, the boats motor by for the first time in a couple of months.  It really did feel like Spring for the first time. 

Loon In Profile
We had our pizza and salad while watching the first Final Four game.  I have to say that for the second time in three days, it looked like Virginia had no way of winning, down three points with seconds to go and they pulled it out. Their fans must certainly believe there is a God.  The second game was boring as Texas Tech ground out a victory over Michigan State which pleased me.  I like to see teams win that have never been in the Finals before.  We went to bed before the game ended, certain that Texas Tech would keep their lead and win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...