Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Spring Delicious


Muskrat Morning

6:18

6:32

6:46
It's just about 7:00 and I have been up for forty-five minutes, watching the sunrise then disappear behind a partly cloudy sky.  Off to the east, we have some color but above us, a heavy gray cloud cover looms.  It's 8:25 and I have been out on the water for forty-five minutes, to a cloudy sky as I began, but a warming sun on my back as I returned from the Sportsmen's Club.

Kayak Morning
Wood Ducks
Yesterday was delicious, blue skies most of the day, moderate temperatures, perfect to be outside doing something.  I started my day with a long paddle, catching a photo of a blue heron which 'made my day,' sorry Clint/Dirty Harry.  Since I was up early, I was back from paddle by 8:30, in time for breakfast and finishing the blog.  I left for yoga at 9:15, my China gel and Rosewater class.   I emerged my class at 10:45, in time to stop for coffee and then drive to my car guy to get my 2000 Accord's oil changed, tires rotated, brakes checked. I waited for it, forty five minutes and the Accord received a clean bill of health for fifty bucks.

Wood Duck
I came to an empty house because Evie and her friend Barb were out, walking the Chautauqua Institution, a perfect day for a walk.  Evie had made a Turkish soup for lunch with wheat berries, red lentils among other ingredients.  I had the soup along with a couple of pieces of leftover pizza which I warmed in a frying pan.  I have decided to watch BOSCH during lunch, based on the Michael
Connelly Harry Bosch novels.  It's on Amazon Prime and in its fifth season so I have quite a few seasons to go.  Evie was back by 1:30, just as I was finishing lunch.  I took my nap and she relaxed out on the dock for the first time in 2019 to catch some sunshine.  I napped, read, and finished my Charles Cummings novel, A DIVIDED SPY, and began a new recent novel called SAVAGE NEWS, about a young reporter who covers the White House and glimpses the dirty business of both politics and the news business.

Red Eye
Mid-afternoon, I went out and did some gardening, getting out my hedge trimmer, taking down some grasses, cleaning up anything that needed to be trimmed, filling up a garbage bucket.  Evie came in from the dock to help and we both loved being outside, as the sky and lake were both a brilliant dark blue, a lapis lazuli blue to be artsy.  We decided to have a cocktail night, with a Manhattan and some good cheese and watch the late afternoon change colors as the sun began to hide behind the trees.

Dinner was easy, ribs from Trader Joe's that are ready to eat, just heat them in the oven for a half hour.  Evie made a great salad with blue cheese dressing and lots of cabbage and I heated up some Bob Evans Mac N Cheese and we had a great dinner.  We watched a couple of episodes of RAKE, then some of the news and interviews of Democratic candidates before going up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...