Saturday, April 6, 2019

Color Chautauqua Gray

7:01
It's 8:00 and Only A Game just ended.  It's not as interesting as it used to be and I am not sure why.  Perhaps because they don't stick with the major sports and instead, go off to the edges of what we might call sports.  Or not.  It's warming up, already 43º, despite the absence of an observable sun.

Yesterday was a full day of Chautauqua gray and it looks like may continue for the next week, with the possibility of snow next weekend, at least that's this morning's long-range forecast.  The good news is each day Evie takes small steps toward getting better, as her cough is less often and she feels better.  We just hope it does not linger because we have heard lots of stories where whatever she has can linger for weeks.  I seem to have recovered from my cold l, too, still have a cough, something I seem to get every winter.  Fortunately, it's more annoying than debilitating.  So I was on my way to a good yoga class with Julie at 9:30, then a quick stop for coffee but once again there was too long of a line so I left and went straight to Aldi's, to pick up a few things for our dinners this weekend, especially their salmon which is vacuum wrapped so its good in the refrigerator for a week.  It was crowded with mostly retirees like me, hoping to save a few bucks.

Evie had put together another vegetable soup for lunch and made up a macaroni and tuna salad for my lunch, a summer favorite rarely made during the winter for some reason.  I loved it and along with soup, I was happy, watching my show, Ozark, before taking a nap and getting towards the end of my narcos trilogy.  It looks like the newly elected President's son in law is going to be indicted for money laundering drug money.  Corruption?  I expect the powers that be will help him weasel out at the end, confirming once again that the marriage between big business and government is just as rigged as the drug trade.  And so it goes.

Around 5:00,  Evie put together our dinner, large portobello mushrooms stuffed with garlic spinach, cheese, and tomatoes.  We had our wine time as they baked along with a focaccia-like bread topped with tomatoes and cheese.  The portobellos were great; I even had two and we finished off the bread, keeping in mind we had cheesecake for dessert.  We watched Colbert, then a new series on Amazon Prine called HANNA.  It's a bit confusing about a young girl raised in the forest by her father who trains her in what seems to the skills of a hit man.  She knows all forms of self-defense as well as how to shoot almost any weapon.  She ends up leaving the safety of the forest and must fend for herself although the CIA seems to want her dead for some reason.  We are not sure why yet?  It becomes silly when she beats up or kills four or five bad guys in the waiting area of an airport.  At this point, she becomes another Marvel action hero.  I am, however, curious enough to see what happens next so we may stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...