Monday, April 15, 2019

Overcast, Windy, Cold, Perhaps Some Snow


What's So Funny?

8:04
It's 7:20 and I have been up for forty-five minutes to a 37º morning.  We survived last night's heavy winds, rain, lightning, hail, and tornado warnings, with little if any damage, just a few twigs down.  I am not sure of the surrounding areas.  It looks like no kayaking this morning, too cold and windy. And just as I finish writing at 8:00, light snow is beginning to fall.

Yesterday was a day of great change.  I started the morning with early kayaking, hoping to get a paddle in before the weather became worst.  I came home with frozen hands, a bit wet from some drizzle.   By the time we finished the blog and our coffee, Evie had made up a small list of things she needed for our dinner because we were having friends over.  I was on my way to Wegman's by 10:00 and it was busy for a Sunday.  I quickly did my shopping and was home by 11:30.  Evie had been busy, too,  doing some prepping for dinner.  Once she was organized, we had our usual breakfast, eggs, bagels, and bacon and started watching the Masters.  We had it taped so we did not have to worry about when we watched it as long as we stayed off of our devices.  So we watched while we ate breakfast, then worked on cleaning up the kitchen before I took a nap because I was up at 5:00.  By 3:00, however, we were ready to watch the rest of the Masters so we sat till 5:30, watching Francesco Molinari, the early leader, fall apart unfortunately and Tiger not only hold his own but take control of the last five holes.  Even though Tiger is not one of my favorites, it was still good to see him come back and win a major after many back surgeries.

6:06
Linda and Ron arrived at 6:00, talking about the major storm, wind and tornado warnings on the weather channel, something we knew nothing about.  So that was the topic of our conversation on and off until they left for home at 9:30.

8:06
As the sky darkened and the wind picked up, we enjoyed great appetizers, veggie squares, and everyone's favorite cheese, Saint Andre.  Dinner was chicken tetrazzini, with artichokes hearts and mushrooms, good enough that Ron and I had seconds.  I think we were lucky weather wise because some area residents took shelter because of tornado fears and we know some others lost cable TV and heavy winds and hail did some damage.

Good Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...