Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Cold, Overcast, And Windy Morning


Great Blue Heron In The Afternoon

6:41
It's 7:15  and I have been up since 6:30, watching the sky turn from dark gray to light gray, an unspectacular morning on the lake.  It's 38º and we received maybe a quarter of an inch of rain overnight although there were puddles on our drive when I went out to get the paper.  I was able to get in a paddle, not the best of mornings as it started to sleet and rain on my way back.  It is amazing to think that only a month and a half ago, instead of kayaking on the lake we would have been cross country skiing.
Kayak Morning

Cross Country Skiing In March
Yesterday was a boring Saturday for us, as we had no plans for the day so we ended up doing little.  Evie was busy in the morning until 11:00, putting together of dinner of chicken tikka masala with broccoli.  Once that was done, the kitchen was cleaned up, and I took the trash to the Transfer Station, then over to the Bemus Point Library to pick up a book I had on reserve, Phillip Kerr's last Bernie Gunter novel, METROPOLIS, his fourteenth in the series.  It's nice to be able to order a book from any one of various Chautauqua County libraries and pick it up at a nearby library.

One Of The Many Finches At Our Feeder
Heron On The Dock
When I returned home, I heated up the mercimek corba (lentil soup) and the leftover quesadilla from our Thursday night dinner at Guppy's.  And I finished Season Two of BOSCH, with a less than satisfying ending, setting the viewer up for Season Three, no doubt.  While I was eating my lunch, Evie decided to go to the Lakewood YMCA, wanting to keep up her routine like a good girl.  I, however, sat around reading, watching some basketball and taking a cat nap until she returned home around 3:30.  By 4:00, the sun had come out and despite the cold, I decided to go for a walk in the Victoria//Woodlawn woods although I had little mojo.  It was a good choice, however, as the sunshine and woods picked me up and made the forty-five-minute walk enjoyable rather than a pain.

Victoria And Woodlawn

Early Greening Of The Woods
We had wine time around 6:00 along with tasty guacamole that Evie put together and enjoyed the view until we got hungry.  We even listened for the first time in quite a while to Prarie Home Companion with Chris Thile and found it was much better than we thought even though Garrison was no longer part of it.  Dinner was great as chicken tikka masala is always one of our favorites.  And we watched some of the Correspondent's Dinner, san Trump for the third year in a row, with an occasional dip in the coverage of his rally on Fox New in Green Bay, Wisconsin, with an arena filled with red Maga hats.  And I watched some basketball as well, as Toronto beat up Philadelphia in game one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...